Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport log not found for executed transport -tr820

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently we built a single system for our own add-on development

After releasing transport,i din't find any logs related to the transport and with message " No logs found for executed transport".

I din't find any Data file and cofiles related to transport, but i can see the transport in /usr/sap/trans/tmp location.I try to add to buffer but it is failing with ":Errors: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile" message.

I have performed trans directory and TP check and everything is fine.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I din't find any Data file and cofiles related to transport, but i can see the transport in /usr/sap/trans/tmp location.

Was this a local transport ?

Transports are not created in this location - /usr/sap/trans/tmp.

During a TP related activity the logs created for each activity will be present in this location until it finishes and then it gets moved to the /usr/sap/trans/log location.

I try to add to buffer but it is failing with ":Errors: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile" message.

Are you trying to add the TR from Tx STMS - Import Overview - System SID - Extras - Other Requests - Add ?

In order to do that you need to have the cofile and the datafile for the transport request present at the OS level in the cofiles and data directories.

If the cofile and datafile are present then check the TP system log.

Also check whether the Transport Group for the system is properly set.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/44/b4a1847acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

RB

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your valuable time and for the solution.

I have configured as single system, but in order to generate data file and cofile, there should be consolidation route.

I have created Virtual system in STMS->overview and made this as production system.

Now the data file and cofiles are getting generated at OS level after releasing the transport.

Issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Krishna

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kuamr

Since this is a single system have you done the STMS Single system configuration? If is not kindly go thru the link - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/44/b4a2067acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

And also have you followed the post installation tasks? Post installation tasks

1. Run SICK and check whether any errors are reported
  2. Import profiles of active server from RZ10, configuration parameters if needed
  3. Config STMS
  4. Client Copy
  5. Support Packages
  6. Users and Roles
  7. Email, help and language config

Thanks

Ram

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the following parameters:

transdir

DIR_TRANS

SAPTRANSHOST

SAPGLOBALHOST

sapmnt

Regards,

Divyanshu

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

The SQL Server space would not be the best space for transport issue.

I would recommend the space:

thread:

Or the space.

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende