Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI - Change existing mapping to multiple mapping

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have an existing mapping that is only a single mapping. means 1 to 1 mapping.

I want to change the mapping to add another target message.

When I do that, the current mapping is gone as the error says

"The source structure, target structure, or a function library has been changed or could not be found in the Enterprise Services Repository. The mapping definition contains elements or attributes that do not exist in the changed structure, or functions that were changed in a function library. The relevant entries will be deleted."

It seems that the source message is changed too.

Is there any workaround for this?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which Version of PI u r using? In case ur PI version is>= PI7.1 then u can use "Correct Structural Inconsistencies" to adjust ur mapping and retain whatever mapping u have done so far

http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-correct-str...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all for the answer. I've tried "Correct Structural Inconsistencies" thing and it works like a magic.

Because it is like a magic, I'm just getting paranoid when I reassign a node with children, the children get corrected too right?

I backed up the mapping before updating to multiple mapping, then I re-check some fields from the new mapping (updated to be multiple mapping) with the old backed up mapping (only single mapping).

Because to recheck all of the single fields in the mapping will be tedious. But as long as I check all are correct and the mapping is right for each corresponding field.

Sorry for being paranoid and insecure.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

please take a look at http://scn.sap.com/message/14205298

Ambrish

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

you get this error because when you add multiple messages in source/target side, there will be new nodes assigned like Messages, Message1, etc.. and the existing mapping for each target field will have a new reference. I am sure your PI version should be 7.1 and above as the error message says so. you can retain the mapping by using the correct structural inconsistencies option and review each existing field mapping and reassign.

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you cross checked  Source message type and destination message type / Idoc are existing in ESR SWCV respectively ?

Regards

Hari.