cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which phase we can revert/stop the support packages on ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have initiate the support pack patching our ECC server total 190 SP to import.

Please suggest on which phase we can revert/stop the support packages import.

ECC 6.0

oracle 10g RHEL 5

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

Assuming you mean with the tool SPAM.

You can stop and revert (reset the queue), before the DDIC_IMPORT phase. In the DDIC_IMPORT phase the data dictionary objects are imported in the system. So after this phase the reset option cannot be used. Reason is even if you reset the update, objects will still be in your system in inactive version and this may cause the issue in future.

I hope this helps..

## You can always restore the system from a consistent backup.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Before IMPORT_PROPER phase in SPAM I think.

Best Regards,

Anita

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

If you are patching the system using Tx SPAM then most likely a restore of the last successful backup is the only solution.

If you are using SUM then there are phases where you can reset the upgrade or patching process.

For that you need to check the SUM guide.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can "revert" in any phase, given you have taken a backup before starting SPAM. Usually "revert" means restore of the database in this context.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you doing EHP upgrade or just patch upgrade? Please let us know which patch level you are at and what sp you are projecting to.

If its normal support pack.

Please ensure that you have latest kernel, SPAM/SAINT this will help you to fix issues.

Before you start the upgrade please take backup and store it if there is no option to fix the issues. Please check that there is good amount of free space in the database. Schedule regular archive log backup when the support pack upgrade starts.

Please check that your trans directory has good space.

Before starting the upgrade check that RDDNEWPP and RDDPUTPP shceduler via DDIC in 000.

Dont forget to reset all the SPDD object. SPAU can be done after the upgrade.

Take a backup after the upgrade before handling to the developers.

Once we receive the patch level i can check is sap has given any note for the patch sequence to avide issues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

U can check the log support package log in Go to menu from Menu bar...and also check /usr/sap/trans/log directory if not import started...u can stop .

And Use SUM(Software Update Manager Tool) SP08 , to update ur System.

SUM Guide:

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000783582011E

Thanks & Regards,

V Srinivasan

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You can only delete the queue if module Import 1 has not yet started (up to phase SCHEDULE_RDDIMPDP). If you have scheduled a module to run in the background, you need to delete this scheduled job before you can reset the status.

Please check links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/3e937e29002221e10000000a42189d/content.htm

As said by Johan, You should always use TEST import 1st before applying patches.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would recommend you do test import first to see which errors you may get.

But if you have issues I recommend the following blog post link which is very helpful.

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2012/07/04/escaping-tough-moments-for-spam...

Kind Regards,

Johan