Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error while posting standard IDoc in to ECC

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Scenario: xml to IDoc (PI 7.31 Service Pack 06)

I am getting below errro while posting standard IDoc "SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2.SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT202" in to ECC.

IDoc posts sucessfully if i disable below segments else its failing in PI with above error even if i enable any one of the below segment. there is no mandatory fields in these segments and all the required fields are populating properly in test tab without any message fail.

Regards,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Population of data in the testing tab does not mean that the IDoc will post in ECC. It just ensures the transformation rules are applied and the mapping is working as per design.

When the IDoc is trying to post in ECC, the segment creation as well as data within the segments is validated by the system.

In your case, the segments which you have disabled are mandatory segments. The system when the IDoc is outbound from PI will validate that the data in the segments is according to the field definition based on system metadata. please check if data adheres to data element definition. for ex: date fields are in format yyyymmdd. or......no numeric fields are populated with characters....

Once you sort this out, the issue will be resolved.

Javier mentions very good point. Try to post an IDoc in WE19 (standard inbound) first with these segments populated and then replicate from PI with similar data.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Try to reload Idoc meta data again and try to test again. This might help

Regards

Hari.

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

Check the data that you are sending through those segments. Usually is a special character that brokes the xml chain.

Try using a text editor like UltraEdit

Kind regards

Javier

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Thanks for your reply, if there is any special chars then it would fail in PI while constructing XML for Inbound but its failing at the target receiver adapter side.

Anyhow i have mapped only constant to all feilds on the particular segment "

E1BPSDITMX

"  and disabled others and its still failling with the same error.

Any other thoughts?

Regards,

mani

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

Check formats in the target idoc, even when the testing is working, at runtime the metadata checking is done in the ABAP target system. Have you tried to reproduce the idoc in the target system in WE19 TCODE?

Regards

Javier