Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Field - Required Status not Displaying

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All Gurus,

In my WD Layout I have inserted some Input Fileds(Status- Required) . But the Red Star icon which denotes the user as a mandatory field is not displaying when run the program. I have input all the fileds in a Tray -> TabStrip - > Layout Container - > Input Field.

Pls advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184958
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to explicitly activate that in the property of the input field status as Required.Go through the below link,

Regards,

John.

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tharu,

Although required is a property of the InputField, the red asterisk is  part of the Label UI element. Follow the instructions above to create a Label for the InputField and set the Label's labelFor property to point to the InputField. Then you will see the red asterisk next to the Label.

Cheers,

Amy

former_member210804
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tharu Fdo,

Try to create lable and inputfield in transparent container. as follows.

Once we do it, you will get the required state for the inputfield as follow.

Best regards,

Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess u want to know how to show required (*) before input filed in webdynpro.

If i am correct then first go in the property on input-filed and check status Required and make a label  before that Input-field and ID of that input-field give in the Labelfor property of that label .

Do remember one thing it will add only (*) on UI.. you have to write code by yourself to check for the mandatory condition in some method.

use following link for more info.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3397306

BR

Chandra..

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created a label for the Input Field? You have to create a Label for the input field UI in order to display Red star ( Required indicator) .

Hope this helps u.,

Regards,

Kiran