cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prevent reporting an event twice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is there any way to prevent user from reporting an event twice.  for e.g. a user enters a set of information while reporting an event. Next time he can report the same event again.

Also customer requires that the information that he has already entered for a handler while reporting an event , if he goes back and reports the same event again then those information are pulled in the event reporting screen in an event handler.

Thanks,

Shubh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Shubh,

Are you saying that you want duplicate events to be displayed , but not recorded ?

I have seen two approaches to duplicate events but neither appears to meet your requirement...

One approach is to filter them out with an implicit enhancement or modication to the addevent_msg BAPI.  If an event already exists for the handler with the same key then don't record it. 

The second approach is to record everything,  but to then filter duplicate events out of the output for WCL and WebUI using enhancements to the functions behind those screens.   

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shubh,

really preventing is not possible. But you can check in the rule set if the Event was already reported and Quit Processing by an activity. For the EM Web Ui you could then display a own message. There should be an example in the delivered visibility processes.

"Also customer requires that the information that he has already entered for a handler while reporting an event , if he goes back and reports the same event again then those information are pulled in the event reporting screen in an event handler."

This is currently not possible in the standard.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steffen,

Thanks for your reply. For my second question

"Also customer requires that the information that he has already entered for a handler while reporting an event , if he goes back and reports the same event again then those information are pulled in the event reporting screen in an event handler."

Is there any workaround solution or enhancement possible to capture this information in EM whenever the user reports an event.

Thanks,

Shubh.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shubh,

you could try it with an WD enhancement. But i'm not sure if and how this is possible.

Up to now i think nobody tried this.

Best regards,

Steffen