cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 with DB2 - MDM Console DBMS settings, not able to connect to DB.

0 Kudos

Hello

I have installed new MDM 7.1 with DB2.

Now when I try to mount a MDM server in the MDM console

& try to mount the old repository, I am getting *unable to connect to the database server*

After selecting DBMS server & providing username & password. its not taking next step.

throwing error : error in retrieving DBMS setting.

Using: Database server IP addrss and  db2mdd/password for DBMS Settings from remote desktop. Able to telnet to db server and its communication port.

Please guide me if you have resolved this before.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

check if any firewall is preventing you from connecting.

Also possible during installation, some checks may have been missed.

As rightly mention in the above post, use MDM Configuration Assistance for Root Cause Analysis.

Thanks

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are several causes that could prevent you from connecting to the RDBMS, the best way to try and detect your issue is to use the MDM Configuration Assistant, See SAP Note 1543650

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1543650

Hope that helps,

Tal.

0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

Thanks for quick response, i have downloaded the Configuration Assistant and ran it set up DB connectivity, however still getting the following error.

Before this, DB was created as per SAP MDM Installation guide as,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must verify that you're able to connect to the DBMS from the DB2 client located on your MDM server machine.

You haven't mentioned the OS your MDM server is running upon, if it is UNIX/LINUX box please also verify that the following files in the home directory of the user <SID>adm have the correct path to your DB2 client:

mdmdbenv_<serverName>.sh

mdmdbenv_<serverName>.csh

In both of these file please verify that the parameter DB2_CLIENT_LIBRARY_HOME is pointing to the path of your DB2 client lib64 folder.

Additional indicators on the error cause can sometimes be found in the MDM Server log or the MDM Console log, please let me know if you find any error messages in those logs.

Best regards,

Tal.