cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integrate/create the connection to SQL database

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Currently I am using SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0 SP4 on default database (DB2) on server AIXv 7.1.

There is a requirement to integrate with the another data source with database SQL

Can some one advise me how to integrate/create the connection to SQL database in this scenario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you go via your Windows Client, open Information Designer Tool.

Create new connection to your SQL srv db.

Create a table foundation against the schema pointing to your connection.

Create a Business Layer ontop of the foundation.

Publish the content to the repository as a Universe.

Now you can report off it using your BI4 application.

Regards,

H

p.s. i've moved this thread to "semantic layer" forum. Please check out the Documents tab for 'how to' guides.

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry

I have installed Information Design Tool in my local PC.

1. Right clicked on “Connections” folder and selected “Insert Relational Connection” to create a connection to MS SQL server
  2. Provided the name for resource
  3. Selected OLE db middleware drivers for MS sql server
  4. In next step provided details for MS SQL connection

While testing the connection to MS SQL srv db I am getting below error

"OLE DB Provider CLSID not specified or erroneous"

SAP note:1204488 is recommending to install SQL native client.

1. To fix this error do I need to install this SQL native client in my local pc?

1. Is this correct way of approach to add MS sql server as data source for the SAP Business Objects BIP 4.0 SP4 on default database (DB2)/server AIXv 7.1

1. Is it advised to install information design tool in local pc or on sql server host?

Thanks for your help!

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

After installing install SQL native client. in my local pc  error "OLE DB Provider CLSID not specified or erroneous"  is gone!

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

When I am trying to publish the content to the repository, Getting following error

"you can not publish the universe because it references an unsecured connection"

Could you please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

right clic on the .cnx connection -> publish the connection to the repository and accept the creation of the shortcut

now you will be able to publish your .blx

Best regards,

Mohamed AISSA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please publish your unsecured relational connection to repository,

Steps:

Right click on local (.cnx )connection --> Publish connection and create shortcut connection in your local project by accepting option

after creating secured connection, change the connection in data foundation from unsecured to secured connection(.cns) by going to connection tab in Data foundation.

save the Data foundation, now you can export the universe to repository.

Regards,

Ambreen