cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations for displaying bankdata in VD03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

because of legal requirements bank data of vendor should not be displayed in VD03. No problem to hide the tab including bank data but in case I am searching for a vendor by pressing F4 (search help "Suchhilfe") it is also possible to search for bank data and have them displayed. So all bank data can be shown in that search. 😞

Any ideas how to hide specific tabs in that search box?

Thanks,

Gerhard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in transaction code OMSI

In this transaction code you can change

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Santosh.

Thats totally what I need.

I am just not sure if I can seperate the searchhelp for XD03 (where bankdata should still be shown in search help) and VD03 (where the bankdata should not be shown in search help).

I am afraid both are connected to searchhelp DEBI

Any ideas?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you change here in standard F4 help then it will not only be for XD03 and VD03 but for everywhere in SAP. Whereever you have field Vendor it will change its F4 search help so thats why we always reccomend not to gamble with standards and try to control this through authorization.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

@MoazzaM    "Search Help can not be restricted with authorization objects" as you said before 😉

Feel free to come up with an idea how to restict the view of bankdata without having to disable the whole search help.

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Not possible in my opinion. If you want that user can only view vendor then what is the need of search help for vendor in VD03? One option can be that suppress the field in IMG and add addiotional field by asking your ABAPER and fill the vendor number in that field. This field will be in display mode and this will be a text field. If you only concerned to display vendor number without any search help then this can work.

Thank$

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Could you please let me know ,in VD03 ,I dont have Bank Data details to see .

If you dont mind ,can you share the screen shot of it .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Search Help can not be restricted with authorization objects. If you dont even want to show the F4 search help then you have to suppress that field through IMG.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry I am unable to understand your requirement.  Can you please share the screen shot where you were able to see Bank details of Vendor in VD03

G. Lakshmipathi