cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie SAP organisation structure question!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiya everyone,

I am new to the SAP world and this forum, so apologizes for any misuse of terminology. I am on a project for a pan global electronics manufacturer in New Jersey and on the ECC6 project, we have the following scenario. I have attempted to describe this in simple terms.

Local Plant (based in Mexico):

This plant is responsible for manufacturing and assembly and runs its own MRP. During MRP, it will  determine and then procure 60% of its goods locally in Mexico area. Our plan is to create a Sap Mexico company code (legal entity) and to assign the plant against this. For the other 40%, the plant will either buy this goods externally via global agreements from global vendors or directly from our other plant which belongs in Romania, in Europe.

Can someone help with the following please?

1. For the 60%, these would be directly shipped from our local Mexico vendor and expedited into our SAP Mexico plant. This is straight forward direct shipment.

2. For the other 40% of materials, the company does not want them directly shipped from the the global vendor to the Mexico production and assembly plant. Instead, they want the supplier to ship the goods to an external plant facility that belongs outside the Mexico country and company code structure. This plant will be based in Europe (Poland), will be in SAP belonging to another company code and will be responsible for unpacking the goods and sending them back as kit to the Mexico plant in a cross docking function.

3. Mexico plant would receive the air cargo boxes from the Poland plant. These materials would be used for further assembly. Afterwards, we enter the sales order process.

4. For point 2 and 3 from above, what org structure options and functionality exists in SAP ECC6? For example, can we still run MRP in Mexico for our SAP plant to determine the 40% but then be able to have the vendor send the goods to Poland instead and for the plant to then issue back to Mexico.

5. For any requirements to buy stock from another plant from our global operations (from a plant that sits outside the Mexico company code), would MRP allow us to perform an inter company purchase? I am assuming that the plant we buy from would recauto recieve a SAP Sales Order for our SAP Purchase Order.

I can provide more detail.......

Thanking in advance.

Pooja Kaur xx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pooja,

As you are new to SAP and SCN, & these questions are related to purchasing processes, I would suggest you to post this in the MM forum.

(currently you have posted this in the SD forum)