cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java import error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have following error during Java import of a PI 710 migration (homogeneous) on Linux/oracle.

ABAP import finished successfully but Java import fails at the first step itself:

"FATAL: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.allowCoreThreadTimeOut(Z)"

Issue seems to be with SAPJVM, as also mentioned here, since source system is using SAPJVM 6 and SapInst by default is extracting SAPJVM 5 for target installation. (I am using SWPM10SP03_2-20009701.SAR, for NW higher than 7.0x on Linux x86_64 64bit)

Is there any way to make SAPINST use the SAPJVM 6 archive, already present in the Kernel DVD?

I have tried following things to no avail:

1. Replaced the sapjvm5 folder under sapinst_instdir/.../DB with sapjvm6.

2. Removed the SAPJVM4.SAR & SAPJVM5.SAR files from Kernel media.

3. Edited the SAPJVM entry in Properties XML of Kernel.../DBINDEP media directory.

Thanks,

roshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please change the below parameter and see it fixes your issues.

• Path to the SAP JVM is hardcoded in the profile file. In the profile file, check if the following property has correct value: jstartup/vm/home = $(DIR_SAPJVM)

Another think would be font change the name of the folder sapjvm5 ,change the files in the folder with the JVM 6 once.

Is there any SMD agent installed on the target host.Have you installed the PI system first and then doing the system copy or just doing system copy with no PI installed first.

If Installed PI first then please deactivated the SMD agent in the system.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Yes changing the files under sapjvm5 folder (../sapinst_instdir/..../DB/sapjvm5/) with sapjvm6 files without changing the folder name, resolves the issue.

But thats exactly what i didnt want to do in the first place.

Kernel media has 3 versions of SAPJVM (4,5 & 6) and I wanted to find a way to make the SAPINST pick up SAPJVM6 during the installation, either by using some parameters or such options.

Also, since the export dump was from system running on SAPJVM6 it would be really useful if SAPINST could identify and select corresponding SAPJVM for target installation as well (wishful thinking).

I hit the same error during CI installation as well and had to again manually replace sapjvm5 with 6 under /usr/sap/SID/DVEB*/exe/sapjvm.

Anyhow, I would give you full points for your generous help on a weekend.

Cheers!

roshan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using sapjvm6 as linux java (edit PATH,etc). restart the installation using new setting.

BR,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshen,

Refer to link in WIKI

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(JSTTSG)(Kernel)Service-Exit67

This is where Rishi is quoting from probably.

Kind Regards,

Johan