cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early watch report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am monitoring early watch reports on weekly basis, this week I found "Avg.DB Request Time in Dialog Task : 6275ms" this was only 89ms last week for one my production database.

So I want to know where I should I check for this performance downgrade, as this includes many things and is not related to any particular query/resource.

Please suggest

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

Please use ST03/ST03N for more information. Workload monitor can give you an insight on the bottlenecks and problems. Check for transaction, reports and other things. I believe you will get your answers.

Check link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c4/3a6af1505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htmfor more information.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for your response,

I used st03n and got the result, but I can't still figure it out as which is the process taking too long time. I am attaching the screen shot

Regards

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to switch from using the week totals over to the day totals and see if you have a specific day that stands out.

Other information that will probably help:

Pull up the views that you screenshot us again, and notice in the left hand corner of your SAP GUI you have a DB Connection Statistics option, anything interesting in there?

Staying with your workload overview screen, next to the times tab you have a database tab, anything interesting in there?

Back to Analysis views > Transaction Profile > Standard find a column that says T Time (Total Time) and sort descending and see what the report or transaction name is that is taking so long, which may lead you to the user who triggered the issue.

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Within the view transaction profile you can see which user and which transactions caused the high response time. However, consider the low amount of transaction steps for DIALOG task. There's much more load coming from HTTP and RFC. So, basically dialog steps are not focus in this system. I assume it's some kind of backend system, such as BI or PI. Unfortunaltely, EWA primary rates the dialog response times and does not consider other task types.

Note: with this low amount of steps, the execution of one query may inflouence the whole avg response time in a negative way. As the other task do not show any impact, you can eliminate general db problems. In your case you have also a very high share of CPU time (which is obviously of more interest than the db time). So I think, there was a transaction called that reads a greater amount of data which is pre-/post-processed in ABAP.

In sum, for me, this would not be a critical issue....

Regards, Richard

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to review data within tx ST03n and narrow down to the day the Avg SQL request time.  Afterwards you can look at your SQL statements for that day and figure out what functional team ran something large on the system.