Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error i STMS while importing SAP PI ID objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SAP PI 7.11.

I have two system in my XI landscape, Dev and Prod. I use CTS+ to transport ESR and ID objects.

I use tcode SE09 to release Transport request and use STMS to import it into the Prod.

While importing TR for ID objects, i have realized that it gives error, e.g., Activation of the change list cancelled, Check result for communication channel, Enter value for attribute "Source Directory" and Enter value for attribute "Server".

I understand this is because when Communication channel is transported, many attributes become blank in the target system. And it is manually done in the target system and activated.

Can we automate this? So that these attributes are maintained automatically in the production system.

or Can we suppress this error in STMS, when we are importing a TR. I mean, can we configure the import, so that it does not try activating the channels. So that we dont get unnecessary errors.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sudeep,

While importing TR for ID objects, i have realized that it gives error, e.g., Activation of the change list cancelled, Check result for communication channel, Enter value for attribute "Source Directory" and Enter value for attribute "Server"

you are getting this error while importing the request correct?

check if the parameter in exchange profile com.sap.aii.ibdir.core.ctstransport.autoActivation.default has value as true.

if it is true then id objects will be activated automatically once you import the request. if you set it false after importing TR you have to manually activate the objects. here you can edit the channel configurations and activate it.

with this you can avoid above mentioned errors.

Can we automate this? So that these attributes are maintained automatically in the production system

i think you can not automate this. when you do the transport the values for communication channel will not be transported as these are environment specific.

one more question..you have only two systems in your landscape!!!!

i feel 3 systems would be good to have.

hope it helps you.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MuniyAppan....

You got my questions correct.

I understand i have to do the parameter change in the target sytems's exchange profile. Am i correct??

I am just searching for a SAP Note which supports this solution, as i ll be doing the same in Production system.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

I understand i have to do the parameter change in the target sytems's exchange profile. Am i correct??

correct. you need to restart the system whenever you do changes in exchange profile.

check note 1345425.

take a help from basis.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Objects with configurable values like connection, login credentials cannot be automated automatically.

You have to update the objects in the target system and activate the change list. Then you can import the TR again and return code will be zero.

What you can do is segregate the objects. Like create a separate TR for comm channels and import and sort it out later. Rest objects like value mappings, RDs, Int Determinations, SAs and RAs will be imported automatically.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish