SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in posdm while posting sales from POS- articlexxxx not listed for this storexxx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

An article is sold in a store and the eod sales data goes to posdm(bi)  . We are getting this error -articlexxxx not listed for this storexxx. Xxx denotes their respective numbers . I checked the respective combination in the Marc table and list data is available ie., site article combination . I checked in t code RSA3 and that article site combination was not present so article site data was not extracted to BI . Data source 0Art_plant_attr . Extraction on full load (F) . We run program customzupdate_marc to update the Marc table when we get the error  , still doesn't get updated . Listing is via layouts. Each laymod = asst. How do I proceed to check and rectify this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jae Kumar:

MARC is not confirmation of listing.   Please use WSL11 to confirm that listing conditions exist for this Article / Site.

If not, then Listing must be executed (presuming the master data is correct) in MM42 or WSM4L.

If listing conditions are not created via MM42 or WSM4L then the master data is likely not correct (assignment of Site to General Assortment Module, maintain layout module, etc).

- Paul

Paul R Gendreau Jr

SAP Retail

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jae Kumar:

MARC is not confirmation of listing.   Please use WSL11 to confirm that listing conditions exist for this Article / Site.

If not, then Listing must be executed (presuming the master data is correct) in MM42 or WSM4L.

If listing conditions are not created via MM42 or WSM4L then the master data is likely not correct (assignment of Site to General Assortment Module, maintain layout module, etc).

- Paul

Paul R Gendreau Jr

SAP Retail

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the advice , I shall do some lookup as per your suggestion and will post back .

Gratefully,

Jae kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jae,

If it through assortment module. Then create assortment through WSO1, assign article through WSO2 to the assorment and then assign site to that assortment through WSO5 .... It will update WLK1 and MARC table... 

Then try to extract the same in BI.....

yohan_b
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check if the article/assortment combination exist on WLK1 on the date of your eod sales?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the listing data is intact in ECC.

In basic I checked the BI Delta updates RSA1 in BI . some have failed , error says "Data did not load into target ".

This apart ,the POSDM sales data when posted in BI has a validation body which checks if article site combination exists in BI master data ,due to delta failure(which updates article site combination ) I suspect that articles with few site combinations which failed in delta caused the error while validation.

Example:

Posdm : Aggregated sales: Article : 101121 SITE : 0009 SALES : 86623 Pounds

BI MASTER:  ARTICLE : 101121     SITES : 0001,0002,0003,0004,0005,0007,0010,0011,00DC.

Here BI master data does not contain the combination of Article 101121 , Site 0009 so the error is thrown" Article 101121 not listed in Store 0009".

Kindly advice if my approach is wrong.

Thanks,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone.

After gathering some more information , I understood that

1. BI extracts from Data Source " 0ART_PLANT_ATTR" ie., MARC table ARTICLE and SITE combination.

2. POSDM  was enhanced to validate the ART SITE COMBINATION while posting sales if it was not satified there would be a rejection.

3.I suspect that POSDM wont have its own data so it will definitely make use of the target infocube in

BI which is updated by data from data source mentioned above.

4.In BI PSA for this source , the delta load is failing and doesn't reach the target, it was not even rectified as of till date- A lot of delta would have dropped off in error state.

5.Is this causing the original error (read above) ? I am almost 80 percent convinced with the logic.

My humble request to veterans to please advice on this at the earliest .

0 Kudos

Hi Jae,

i.  Please check at SAP ECC whether the article is listed to site or not.

ii. Please check the table entries WLK1  Assortment listing entries)

iii. Sometimes, listed articles have not maintained in Site, i.e table MARC entries missing. Please maintain

iv. Please check in BI whether the listed articles are updated in BI or not. If not, please check the error thru respective info cubes and rectify the error if any (SAP ECC article information flowed to BI)

v. Use the tcode WSPL for any listing error analysis and to do list articles, use WSM3, WSP4 and WSM8.

Once you done all the above, please reprocess and check.

Thanks & Regards,

Keshavan C