cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New profile parameters added post update kernel 7.20_EXT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Post updating kernel from 720 to 720_EXT, We have found new profile parametrs in system. Visible from TU02 but not  in table RZ11,RZ10 & table PAHI...

How it's possible. PLease help

alert/max_mtes_per_autoabap_run        0

auth/su53_buffer_entries                    100

dbs/syb/odbc_trace                             0

dbs/syb/tds_cap                                 0

itsp/Security/ITSAppletPSE                 0

rdisp/dp_sgc_redispatch                      0

rdisp/thsend_order                              0

rdisp/thwpsf_critical_path                    0

rdisp/vb_hold_when_inactive           TRUE

Thanks

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaan,

I dont find anything related to parametrs  in mentioned weblinks....

Thanks

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sumit,

After your upgrade, have you tried to import your profiles using rz10? That might bring in the new profile params into rz11 as well? I have a test system at home on the 7.20 EXT kernel, I'll have a look later to see if I can see them on my rz10/rz11 as well.

Thusjanthan Kubendranathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  Kubendra,

I tries as you suggested, but no luck.....

Thanks

Sumit Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sumit,

I just checked RZ10 on my home system and I was able to see the params:

However, I didn't upgrade from 700 to 720 EXT but rather installed using 720 EXT kernel. Its also interesting that I checked this Note: 1749919 and it claims that this one particular param that I am testing rdisp/thsend_order is available on earlier kernels.

Can you try this.

Go to rz10 and then from the menu: "GoTo" -> "Profile Values" -> "Of Server". Select the instance you've just upgraded and search for these parameters by doing Ctrl F.

Thusjanthan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  Thusjanthan,

Yes, I can see parameters from the menu: "GoTo" -> "Profile Values" -> "Of Server".  But why isn't visible in RZ11 or RZ10 instances. How can we modify these parametrs until they visible.  What is the use of  reflecting parameters in   "GoTo" -> "Profile Values" -> "Of Server".

Thanks

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Sorry for the delay, just been quite busy with work. Just tried on my system and I was not able to see the param using RZ10 either. So just checked out some of the notes and for this parameter for example:

auth/su53_buffer_entries

Note: 1671117

It mentions in the note: If you install this correction by implementing the correction instructions, the profile parameter must be entered in the instance profiles at operating system level.

Thus, these parameters must only be available at the operating system level.

Does that answer the question? So you can actually modify these parameters but only at the OS level. So perhaps what you can do is, change the param at the OS level, restart the SAP instance and go to RZ10->Goto->profile values of server and see if they get pulled in.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  Thusjanthan,

I don't see any of the said parameters  in profiles @ OS level OR you mean to say, I have to manually maintain these parameters.

Thank

sumit jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

That is correct. You'll need to make the change to:

/sapmnt/<sid>/profile/

either DEFAULT.PFL or instance profile. Reason is because when I check the parameter at the OS level using:

sappfpar check auth/su53_buffer_entries

I am getting a response back of 100. So if you were to change that at the os file level it will work.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Thusjanthan,

Great.... Yes yes.... Using sappfpar check auth/su53_buffer_entries, I have got output.

Thanks for information....

Thanks

Sumit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually SAP kernel corrections are made and parameters are created in order to active these corrections.

Every new kernel patch level is possible that a new parameter or too many new paramters are created.

As example, a fix is made in the code and this fix change the behavior to avoid the error. If you enable one specific paramter, the correction is enable. If you do not set this parameter, the kernel will use the old behavior (this is just an example).

alert/max_mtes_per_autoabap_run      

created with the correction of note 1773008

auth/su53_buffer_entries                   

note 1671117

itsp/Security/ITSAppletPSE              

note 1746172

rdisp/dp_sgc_redispatch                    

note 1777029

rdisp/thsend_order                             

note 1749919

rdisp/thwpsf_critical_path                   

note 1754001

These others should be new features or undocumented corrections.

rdisp/vb_hold_when_inactive       

dbs/syb/odbc_trace                            

dbs/syb/tds_cap                                

Usually you shold be able to find the documentations about these paramters in teh RZ11, but not always these are documented.

Regards

Clebio

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

These are the new parameters for higher releases and you cannot see them because you either not applied the corrections or are not on the latest stack. Also, there is a possibility that some parameters are not meant for your system or you indirectly don't need them.

For eg. auth/su53_buffer_entries is a new parameter introduced in Note 1671117 - SU53: Enhanced function and Web Dynpro suitability

Same applies for itsp/Security/ITSAppletPSE Note 1746172 - ITS Up/Down: ITS's own applet pse.

I hope this makes things clear on your side.

Regards,

Divyanshu