cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Logon Definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When we start SAP or we click on SAP Logon. I see to option 1. Variable logon (with 4 options ) and 2. New (with 5 options).

Where we enter system connection parameters. What is the difference between these two?

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Abhishek,

Logon - If a system has already been defined and you want to login then it logs you in to that system. Even, later also if you want to logon to the system then you can follow the same, there is no necsessity to again define the system.

Variable Logon: If you have not defined any system and you just wanted to logon in to a system as a one time check then you use "Variable Logon". If you try some time later, the same system would not be available - MEaning the system wouldnt have been defined permanently. As and when you want you use the system properties and LOGON . In SHort, - Variable Logon: is Temperorary.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

I fully agree with Raj and want to add one point that Variable Logon is useful when you do not have the authorization to create a System in your SAP GUI Logon as it requires Admin auth to your PC,then you can access any SAP system with Variable Logon option then only thing is that you have the Application Server IP,System Number & System ID.

I hope this is clear.

Thanks,

Suman$