cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET with RFC Web Service that contains BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been creating a lot of SAP ABAP Function modules that I use to consume within our .NET MVC C# Web applications.  I haven't had many issues with creating the service within Visual Studio by going to "Service References > Add Web Services" and use the URL to our SAP server using the wsdl path.

But this latest function module i created I had to reuse BDC code to try to complete the job quicker.  Everything was going great in copying all the code over that I needed.  Testing within SAP the function module works as it should but once I consumed it and ran it within my .net web application I ran into a issue where I would get SOAP-ENV is undefined.  After debugging the code within SAP I noticed that the function module would stop in the perform BDC_TRANSACTION.  Digging deeper into the perform, I discovered that it was within the code below that it would blow up and kill the function module.

Here is the transaction it dies on.

IF dismode <> 'X'.

CALL TRANSACTION tcode USING bdcdata

MODE   dismode

UPDATE updmode

MESSAGES INTO messtab.

ENDIF.

So somewhere within this CALL TRANSACTION it kills it, but there is so much standard SAP code its hard to find the underlying issue.  Has anyone successfully created a FM that uses BDC's within their .net application?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use CALL TRANSACTION MODE = 'N'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well it's currently set to 'N' as default and I still have the issue.  It would execute the CALL Transaction and dies within that function.