cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the status of a document when user performs Checkout in SOLAR02

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company has a requirement that we automatically update the status of a document in SOLAR02 whenever the user checks out a document.

I've created an enhancement points at the top of CL_SA_BASE_TAB_SOLAR_HANDLER->CHECKOUT_DOCUMENT which does the following

CL_SA_TAB_DOCU->GET_TC_DOCU

CL_SA_TAB_DOCU->GET_CONTEXT

CL_SA_TAB_DOCU->GET_DOCUMENT (with LOIO class and objid)

using document reference -> GET_PROPERTY

Then I try to change the status using document reference->SET_PROPERTY

document reference->SAVE

I even tried CL_SA_TAB_DOCU->UPDATE_TC_DOC

and CL_SA_TAB_DOCU-> SAVE_DATA

It didn't work.

So I tried generating an Actual object which I saved in internal memory and before SOLAR_REFOBJ_NAVIGATE_DOCU calls subroutine tab_save_document - I forced a creation of the Actual Document using CL_SA_TAB_DOCU->SET_DOCUMENT.  this was so the processing in TAB_SAVE_DOCUMENT would reupdate the TC_DOC using standard SAP code.

After debugging thru all of this - It appears everything "SHOULD" be set correctly .  I modified the container to display the value as desired but when I  refresh the data  I can see the status has not changed in KW.

I was able to get the status to update when the user does a change - 'SA_CHANGE' using very similar logic but I'm having no luck with with 'SA_CHKOUT_PROJDOC'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Charles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case anyone is following this - we've requested a pilot note from SAP since there are no BADIs in either the CheckIn or Checkout processes.

Hope to find out more soon.

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi.

I know very little about workflow but I'll dig into it some.  

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose this is posible by document work flow settings in solution manager, have you checked??

SAP Community Network Wiki - Solution Manager - Defining a Status Schema

SAP Community Network Wiki - Solution Manager - Maintaining Status Values for Documents

Thanks

Jansi