SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability control in a monthy accumulated basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

We are implementing PSM-FM, but our client's requirement is to have the availability control in a monthly accumulated basis. For example, if we have a budget of $ 100 in each month, in January we can only use $ 100, in February we can use $ 100 + the balance not used in January.

Another example, if we are in August, and we want to make a requisition of $500 with due date in November, the system can accept using the accumulated budget (November’s budget + the balance not used in the previous months).

During our tests, we activated the budget period to represent the month and it worked very well, however the availability control worked just in a monthly basis and didn’t consider the balance of the previous months.

We also tried to make 12 derivation rules, using the transaction FMAVCDERIAO as: for January, if the budget period is 01, the AVC should check the total of the budget period 01; For February, if the budget period is 02, the AVC should sum the budget periods 01 and 02 when check the AVC to the budget period 02, For March, if the budget period is 03, should sum the budgets periods 01, 02 and 03 when check the AVC for budget period 03…

However the AVC keeps working as monthly basis and not accumulated.

Do you have any idea how can we do that?

Thank you very much for any hint!

Best Regards!

Pedro Gomes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this scenario, I would recommend using availability on yearly basis and only release(inscribe) the budget on monthly basis.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this scenario, I would recommend using availability on yearly basis and only release(inscribe) the budget on monthly basis.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

I worked in this scenario.

Soon or later, the client would change his mind, and would have only anual control.

Thats because the budget control will be a chaos if you have to go mounth by mounth managing the budget (realesing, passing btw commit items, etc).

But... good luck

Maybe your client have a lot of peopleo to do the budget work (not in my case).

Regards,

Oswald

former_member211458
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I think that if you have a balance budget, then your customer should transfer your current balance to the next month, so will have the cumulative budget.

Augusto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I agreed with Eli,

You should use the budget on yearly basis and release on monthly basis.

Regards

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the replies!!!

I agree with you Osvaldo, we insist that it will be too hard to work with this scenario, but this is their requirement and the way their current system works.

Eli/Ausgusto/Shyam, we already thought on those ideas and even to make the copy from CO to FM every month (FMCYCOPI_CO). However, in all of them we had the same problem: the PO and PR commitment.

For example, we have a budget of $1000,00 for each month ($12000 until december), if we are in January and we want to create an PR of $5000 with due date to March it's not allowed, but it's allowed if we create it with due date in May.

Do you understand?

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos

I see... In this case, you'll have indeed to transfer the residual budget to the next budget period(s).

0 Kudos

Spite of what Eli said, I think there is a confusion here.

Pedro B. Gomes wrote:

For example, we have a budget of $1000,00 for each month ($12000 until december), if we are in January and we want to create an PR of $5000 with due date to March it's not allowed, but it's allowed if we create it with due date in May.

Do you understand?

Regards,

Pedro

Availability control don't sum month per month when you put "due date" in your example.

As I understand this, when you put due date in a month, SAP will see available budget in that month.

So, if (in your case), all months in your "year" have got budget, this means (that) when the system check if "due date" has budget, of couse will have.

What you have to do, is don't release budget in all months.

You have to ENTR budget without release, and if SAP check "may" for example, will see only $1000.

If you need more money, because your PR need it, then you will need to do what Eli said, it means transfer budget, and then release it.

I hope don't dizzy you guys.

Regards,

Oswald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

were you able to solve this issue? I'm facing the exactly same problem here with my client. They also need to control the budget in a monthly accumulated basis.

Best Regards,

Carlos.

0 Kudos

Which is exactly your problem with monthly basis?

0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo, I have the exactly same problem that Pedro has.

If we have a budget of $ 1000,00 in each month, in January we can only use $ 1000,00. But in February we can use $ 1000,00 + the balance not used in January.

And if we are in june and want to make a PO with due date to november, the system must check all the balance not used from january to november and not consider the budget of december.

Regards,

Carlos.

0 Kudos

Let's go by parts:

Carlos Eduardo Albuquerque wrote:

If we have a budget of $ 1000,00 in each month, in January we can only use $ 1000,00. But in February we can use $ 1000,00 + the balance not used in January.

Stop there. What budget scenario do you use?

Two moments? ENTR (not available) and release (available)?

Or one moment? (just ENTR = available budget)

And if we are in june and want to make a PO with due date to november, the system must check all the balance not used from january to november and not consider the budget of december.

The system don't check all balance automatically.

As Eli said, FM/BCS don't have a standart function for that. (Así que estás al horno, -you are in the oven, LOL)

0 Kudos

We use only one scenario (ENTR = available budget).

And I know the system don't check all balance automatically, I only hope somebody had the same problem and figure out how to solve that wihtout a GAP...

Regards.

Carlos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Per SAP documentation, it seems that you can specify a checking horizon per budget period value of the control object. Please read the 'Features' section of the link below:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/60/fe46d64e424551bedbe3c8dbf5fef7/frameset.htm

I do not have budget period turned on. Can you check whether 'checking horizon' is available for control object derivation?

Regards,

Ming