Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Open ,Save Button for Webi Report while using Open Doc

former_member45129
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are Viewing BO Reports through portal using Open Doc.

we don't want the user to open one more report other than the report he is viewing.

My requirement:

Disable Open & Save Button

Thanks in Advance:)

Regards,

Selva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvarasan,

Just to summarize your requirements, you have portal and you are using OpenDocument (URLs) listed on your portal to open BO reports.

What content (in your case BO report links with OpenDoc) to be shown on your portal that can not be controlled from BO side. So that control needs to handled at Portal level using content management solution.

When a user clicks on  a link which opean a BO report, whether user can view/modify/save such access is controlled in BO CMC. So please consider following 3 scenarios as per your requirements:

• User 1 -> View Only Access -> Report 1 = Will not get a save & refresh button when report opens
  • User 2 -> No Access -> Report 1 = Will get a message saying "You are not autuorized to view this document, check with your administrator"
  • User 3 -> Full Access -> Report 1 = Will be able to open the report and will get Save and other optons enabled

All above three cases needs to defined in BO CMC using Security Rights option. To have more details of BO CMC Security handling, please refere to following SCN link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33465

former_member45129
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik and Yuvraj,

Thanks for your input.

Current Environment: SAPBO 4.0 SP02 FP13

We have given only view access to user and also user cant able to save report in any folder/favourite folder. If one tries to save it in folder, error appears. So Access level is ok.

What we want is to disable OPEN and SAVE button. We have checked access role in CMC but there is no specific option to disable this.

Appreciate your inputs.

Regards,

Selva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

In BO 4.0, if user does not have rights to save file, Save button will be grayed/disabled. There is no option to remove it from the control panel. But in XI 3.1, it used to remove the button from panel itself when user does not have rights to save report.

Regarding Open button, its exactly same as Folder -> Right click on Document-> View option. As long as user has View option enabled, he/she can open document. Once document opened, he/she can use the Open button to access documents to which he/she has rights. So open button can not be removed from panel or grayed/disabled on control panel.

Even the stylesheet modification will allow you to modify report content only. You can not play with report control panel. (pls refer to http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27679 for stylesheet modification)

Similar questions were asked and posted as an Idea on SAP, so in future release we might be able to control it. (http://scn.sap.com/thread/2122193)

So only way left to achieve your requirement is Java SDK. Please refer to this link (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27465

I hope this clariies your doubt.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want the users to edit the report or query and do any modifications as required. But I don't want them to save the report. Is it possible?

I am able to remove "save as" but the "save" option isn't going away.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select the user from CMC and go to customization->Design  Mode Toolbar->File tab-> then unslect "Save Menu"

0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

Thanks for the reply. I have did the process you specified. But the feature you mentioned is not available in BOXI 3.1- which we currently have. I think the customization option you specified is only available in BO 4.1.

Please let me know if there is any solution or workaround for this issue in BOXI 3.1

Thanks,

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doint thik there is workaround in 3.1 . When you have Edit permission, it also contains save with it... w

0 Kudos

We were able to come with a good solution for this. We created a personal folder for each user and they can copy existing reports into this folder or create new reports here instead of messing up with the existing reports. Here we disabled edit option for the canned reports and enabled all rights in the personal folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, so you have given full permissions on perosnla folder and disabled rigths on public folder....

0 Kudos

That's right Jagadish. And I think this is a good way of dealing this issue. Thanks for your help though.

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This option of selectively displaying buttons is available from 4.1 onwards. If you only wish to show the report with no buttons at all , you can use the DHTML format of the WebI, more information here -->

Regards,

Shwetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvarasan,

I think I came to late, but I tried to do the same and I coud, at least, grey out the save button so none can even press it.

In order to do that you have to add/remove rights in a new or existing access level and under "General Global" rights you will denie the right called "Edit Object". After that, the save button will be greyed out and disabled.

I hope it still heps you.

Regards,

Victor

former_member45129
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Víctor Loriente,

Thanks for your reply.

Even if i remove edit objects rights , save button is not disabling.

Version: 4.0 SP2 FP13

Regards,

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvarasan,

To move further I would firstly like to know the BO version whether it is XI 3.0 or XI 4.0.

Cant really comment if XI 4.0 as I didn't get chance to have hands-on

However, in case of BO XI 3.x, OpenDoc web application is used to open Webi reports.

Therefore, option to navigate between repository folders and OPEN report should not be possible.

It is possible while working under InfoViewApp or CMC web application.

Please correct my understanding if wrong.

Saving a document could be possible however that could be restricted by modifying access rights at user level or user group level through CMC.

Regards,

Yuvraj.