cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use different planning calendars at location-product level in SNP Heuristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to use the different planning calendars for different products at a manufacturing plant with SNP Heuristics in APO SNP. Examples of such planning calendars are: Certain products produced say every other week (every alternate week), Certain products produced say every 3rd week etc etc.

I know the production calendar can be maintained at location level but then it becomes common/applicable across all products at that location.

Request you all to advise me - what BADI/Enhancement to be used - such that we can make SNP Heuristics read planning calendar at location-product level in product master and plan accordingly.

(This is similar to a posting from Simon Pedersen = http://scn.sap.com/message/10696872. But I am not sure, if finally he could do it or how he did it.

Request you to kindly advise.   

Thanks and Best Regards,

Abhay

New Jersey, USA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can use the shift sequence to define the product at every other week (every alternate week), Certain products produced say every 3rd week etc etc.

Please go to /SAPAPO/RES01 click on change definition here define the shift sequence for 30 days

in that if you wish to every alternate week then assign shift in first and third week and keep second and forth week without shifts. Then create another shift sequence in that keep First and Third week without any shift and second and fourth week with working shifts. Like wise that you can define for on more shift sequence for 3 week with shifts and frist second and fourth without shifts.

Now assign these shift sequence to your resources in capacity variant. EX -if product A manafacture on resource B on every   third week only then assign third **** sequence.

I hope it will work for you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, not sure whether BADI /SAPAPO/SNP_GET_DATE is the desired one (will need note 1796539), but I think you'd better use period lot size in such case, instead of controlling the production calendar with BADI. Another option would be assign the calendar to the production resource (to use this, you'll need to set 'Heu:Resource Cal.' to 'consider resource calendar' in SNP global settings.