cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gATP check in Sales Order UOM vs Base UOM (Batch Managed materials)

0 Kudos

Hello,

1)     Question

·        Is it possible to perform a gATP check based on the Sales Order UOM and not the product Base UOM so that the order can be confirmed based on pieces in stock regardless of quantity available in Base UOM? (Material is batch managed..See scenario below)

2)     Scenario 

• Product Base unit of Measure is pounds (LB)
  • Material is batch managed and is kept in inventory as stock material
  • Sales order entered for unit of measure – “Roll”.
  • Order quantity = 1 roll
  • Per Material Master alternative UOM, 1 Roll = 1,000 LBs
  • In stock, we have 1 batch representing 1 Roll however actual batch weight is 980 lbs (due to theoretical vs actual weight variances).
  • When gATP check is executed, it checks based on base UOM (lbs) and will never allow a full confirmation based on the customer ordered quantity of 1  Roll.

3)     Business Requirement

·        If customer ordered in UOM of 1 Roll and there is 1 Roll available in stock, Sales order line item should be fully confirmed regardless of weight of that actual batch in stock

We understand it is possible in ECC to define batch specific units of measure / product unit of measure but are not clear how this integrates into the gATP check.

Thank you for any feedback

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello J Gill,

You can achieve this using a custom functionality.All you need to do is to pass the Sales UoM to gATP through the field catalog ( if it is not available in the field catalog entries that are being carried to gATP system for ATP check ) and implement the RBA user exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLATPR_002 to achieve the required functionality.

In the above mentioned user exit; you need to round down the confirmed quantity in the field CP_CONSTRAINTS-SHIPPACK and set the flag "X" in the field CP_CONSTRAINTS-SHIPPACK_FLG and pass the Shippable UoM in the field CP_CONSTRAINTS-SHIPPACKUOM.

As a a prerequisite, you should be using Rules Based availability check with Calculation Profile used in the RBA rules. Please let me know if you have any questions about this approach.

Thanks,

Babu Kilari

0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thank you very much for your detailed response and time. We are in the process of evaluating it but have a few questions for clarification.

In the scenario described, we don't have a typical pack size scenario typically used with the gATP rounding  functionality where the conversion from base UOM to pack size is consistent. In our scenario, the weight of each batch in inventory (ie roll) will vary vs the stated theoretical alternative UOM conversion in material master.

So using the example below, are you saying that the system will do the ATP check and see that the sales UOM is ROLL, from there it will confirm against actual batch weight then round down the confirmed quantity in the sales order?

My concern is we don't have the standard pack size scenario where customer is asking for 8 units and pack size is either 6 or 12. I understand rounding functionality in this scenario but will the above work when actual batch weight is variable every time?

Thank you again for your assistance.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello J Gill,

I myself had not tested the scenario mentioned by you. But, as you can see passing the UoM is a mandatory option here. So, if the UoM in which you want to round down is not maintained as an alternative UoM, I am not sure how the system behaves. May be you can do a simple test by ignoring the UoM and by just passing the relevant multiple value in the SHIPPACK field and see how the system behaves.

Babu Kilari

alfred_becker
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think it'll work to just pass the sales UoM. Of course using the field catalog you can pass the pure information to APO, but this doesn't resolve the arithmetics being involved here. In this Mill Products business the conversion factor for sales UoM to base UoM is always different and has to be calculated individually for each order.

And in the end the ATP calculation itself is always done in base UoM - same as MRP planning....

Regards,
Alfred

Answers (0)