cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal control - Document is not getting blocked even if the quantity is greater than the license quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need one clarification on the below issue.

I am creating a delivery with the quantity greater than the maximum license quantity but the document is not getting blocked by legal control in GTS system.

I have verified the license type setting in the customization and observed that the field "Quantity update" is activated but the field "Quantity Change" is specified as "Increase and Reduction of Quantity possible".

Please confirm the same!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Check the following IMG activity (assuming GTS 10.0):

Global Trade Services

> General Settings

>> Document Structure

>>> Activate Item Categories for Application Areas

Select the level "Activation for Legal Control", and choose the relevant Item Category (for example, EXDLV1).  Double-click the entry, and check that the Qty Depreciation is set to "-" to make sure that the Delivery quantity is taken into account.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dhilipan & Dave,

Thank you very much for your time and valuable infomation.

1. Verified the settings in Global Trade Services > SAP Compliance Management > Legal Control Service > Control Settings for Legal Control Service, "Transfer Leg. Contr.Data" and the value specified here is "Transfer License with Limited Check".

2. Verified the settings in

Global Trade Services> General Settings>> Document Structure>>> Activate Item Categories for Application Areas: Quantity Depreciation is maintained as "Depreciation: Deduct from license".

3. Field: Adoption of Control Data from Preceding Item is also activated.

Note: There is no error log available for legal control in the document.

Kindly help me with your valuable answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The issue is still not resolved even after checking all the suggested customization settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Is the delivery document PGI'd already. If that's the case, you might not be able to see the Legal Control logs.

Do you see a Legal Control Data tab at the item level of the Customs document. If so, can you please check what and how many licenses are assigned to the document.

You might have multiple licenses check, so system would have consumed the remaining qty from another license.

See how is the quantity depreciated from which all licenses under Legal control data tab of the Customs document.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhilipan,

Yes. The delivery document PGI'd already and that is the reason there is no erro log exists for legal control.

But the issue here is how can the delivery happened for the order even if the delivery quantity exceeded the maximum quantity in license.

The maximum quantity in the license is 40.000,000 kg

Order has been created with quantity with two line items each with 20.000,000 kg and two separate deliveries were created for each line item with quanity 20.060,000 and 20.020,000

For order, two licenses are assigned up with depreciation of quantity 20.000,000 kg each.

But for deliveries, single license has been assigned up with the quantities 20.060,000 and 20.020,000 each with out any legal control block.

And strange that after rechecking the documents again, two licenses got assigned to each delivery.

1st license: 1st delivery: 20.060,000 kg and 2nd delivery: 20.020,000 kg

2nd license: 1st delivery:19.980,000 kg and 2nd delivery: 20.020,000 kg

For both the licenses, maximum quantity is 40.000,000 kg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Will be better if you can give some more details on the license attributes.

1) When you say 2 licenses were assigned to the order. Are those licenses different in the product assigned to them. I mean, is the sales order line item having 2 different products?

2) Do you have any Shortfall or Exceeded% specified in the license?

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhilipan,

1) Sales order line item having the same product twice (Not different products).

2) There is no Shortfall or Exceeded % specified in the license.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Really looks strange for me or probably i didn't understand the issue correctly.

You said the order qty is 40,000.000 KG with 20,000.000KG in each line item. So, when the order is splitted into 2 deliveries. The Delivery qty should be 20,000.000KG each right?

But from your license assignment after rechecking the document. Seems 40,000.000 KG is decremented for each delivery.

Were there any manual assignments or deassigments of the license to the document?

Can you also check the basis for qty. depreciation in the license type definition is this the Document item quantity or Net weight.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhilipan,

Here in both the deliveries, the quantities are manually changed from 20,000.000KG to 20.060,000 kg and 20.020,000 kg each.

There is no manual assignment or deassignment of the license to the document.

The Basis for Qty Update field in the license type definition is specified as "Net weight".

Please help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Can you please check the legal control log and post it here. And also check if the Legal control data is setup to be adopted from previous item.

Global Trade Services > SAP Compliance Management > Legal Control Service > Control Settings for Legal Control Service

Check value setup for "Transfer Leg. Contr.Data"

If the legal regulation is setup as i said, the legal control data is copied from the Sales order or PO of the delivery(i.e. No legal check again in the delivery).

So, check if the license that you see in delivery-customs doc. is similar to the preceeding doc.

And the settng that you refer "Quantity Change" is specified as "Increase and Reduction of Quantity possible".

This is actually to allow users to increase or reduce the maximum quantity that was specified in the license. If this is setupis done, the max, quantity can be increased or reduced even if the license has some documents assigned already.

Please let us know how it goes.

Regards

Dhilipan