Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Light Indicator Can't Turn into Green

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus / Experts,

I need your help,

I made a few role, when i try to generate it at the first time, it turn into green light, but when i changed the Company Code, it turn into red light and can't turn back into green. This is the picture

Please help me, it make me confuse.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member215981
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ri

did you try to delete the existing profile and generate a new one to see it helps.

Best Regards,

Yong Luo

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Try to generate it again and also check for any open fields in the authorization objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The profile comparison needs to be fixed rather thnn generated - is this a derived role?

Oddest thing is, the creation date in the screen shot is the 1st July 2013 yet you show as last changed 10th June. How does that work?

Kind regards

David

0 Kudos

Hi David,

I think we have a problem with the date, i think that make this error.

0 Kudos

Message was edited by: David Berry Trying to gather more pertinent info...

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After changing the company code, what changes you did? Were you prompted to 'save ' or generate the profile?

Please let us know the changes one by one. After you enter the company code,what's ur next step. This should give us a clue.

Regards,

Mj

0 Kudos

Hi Unmudi,

I just changed the level organization, remove some company code. Just that.

0 Kudos

Hi Ri,

Try to perform the steps ....

1. In the screen shot you provided, Under the Authorizations tab, choose Change authorization data. (click on it )

2. In the next dialog box, Regenerate the authorization profile by clicking on the small circle which is colored as Red and White colors. { It's the profile generator icon}

Now click on (F3 --which is the back button)

(The above two steps are to check if the status changed to GREEN)

If it changed ... then remember that this is the procedure to generate a profile.

-----------

Now coming to authorizations, try to fill which are missing ..then Save (ctrl+s) and generate the profile as instructed above.

Regards,

Mj

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ri,

All you need to do is to generate the authorization profile and save it.

Come out and you fill find it green.

Regards,

Divyanshu

0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

We have to do it and it cant turn into green

0 Kudos

hi

1. If it is derive role All you need to do is to generate the authorization profile and save it.

Come out and you fill find it green.

2. if it is A Master role do push it to all the derive role

regards

sanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you change the org level via the buttons on top (which hives you a pop up where the org levels can be maintained). Or did you change the org levels manualy per authorization object?

I think there is probaby a blank somewhere in the details of the authorizations objects. Maybe If you can send a screenprint of the details of the role we can have a look at it.

Naveen01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!!

I agree with Meta!! pls go to Authorizations-edit- Organizational levels button >> check here if all ORG levels are maintained or not?

After all Org levels are maintained and saved- you will find indicator colour changes to yellow/green.

Now you can generate the role- this should resolve the issue!! else pls attach a screenshot of Org level values and authorization values screen.

One more question- Is this a derived/template role or single role?

BR,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaidy

First of all hope you have changed the Org Level through Org Level button only and not at each auth object level.

Secondly whenever you do any changes to any role be it org level or any auth field values you need to generate that role for it to be active and not just save.So please generate your current role which will create an active version of the profile at the database level.This will result in your green light in the auth tab .

Hope this helps.Let us know how it went.

Regards

Pradeep

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ri,

Everytime you change anything in a role profile you have to generate the related profile to that role, otherwise the changes won't affect to the user authorizations. Also, take a look to the Authorization Profile Status, it says 'Profile Comparison needed' which means you have to adjust the role profile.

In case this is a derived role you have to adjust and derive the profile of all the child roles from the father role.

Best regards.

former_member215981
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ri

did you try to delete the existing profile and generate a new one to see it helps.

Best Regards,

Yong Luo

0 Kudos

Hi

"I think we have a problem with the date, i think that make this error"

There is something wrong with the role - has it been downloaded/uploaded? If so the deleted again and create more correctly.

Are there custom authorisation objects in the client being loaded to?

Is this role being uploaded from a different system (business) so the fields in SU24 do not match?

Please provide the exact steps which produce this scenario

Kind regards

David