cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwrite sales condition description in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know, if it is possible to overwrite the description of a sales condition type (i.e. PR00)

during sales order entry ?

(I know, that this is not possible in standard).

Thanks for feedback.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

The whole idea of VK30 is to provide a Description  for the variant condition which comes to play based on the Procedure ( e.g. $SELF.VARCOND = XXXX or table - CU60).  It also gives an idea what is the feature or addition that is causing the surcharge/price to happen like that. It is definitely not possible via config to change its description, but with coding you can do anything. I wouldn't recommend it. Explain it to your user community and they will understand.

Also did you try maintaining same text for all variants? I don't know if it is feasible, but you can try.

Hope this will solve your issue .

Regards,

Kundan

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Request to post in normal font instead in BOLD

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though it is generic to say that the description of the condition type cannot be altered at the sales order level, it can be made possible by creating such condition type as variant condition types and then enablnig the condition type to take the value of the characteristic value in variant configuration.

But this is strictly within the ambit of Variant Configuration, which I am not sure being used by you.

If this is fine with you, you can try exploring. Let me know if you need some lead on this.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member

Why you want to change condtion type PR00 description during sales order entry? Your requirement is not clear?

Regards

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you already know that this is not possible in SAP Standard, speak to your ABAPer & check whether it is possible by inserting a ABAP code in User Exit - USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION in program MV45AFZZ.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta