cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Transports b/w different Landscapes - not connected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I have a strange requirement. I am working on a Project which needs to go on Dual Maintenance. So, that means I am going to have two Dev. environments and further down segregated separate QA but targeting one Prod. Now my requirement is I need a tool which can move Transports between these two Dev. environments (lets call them A and B)... Note: They are not linked in the Transport Layer. I am fine if the BASIS is to be involved and they import the files.

Earlier I have worked with ADP on implementing some changes with SAP and I know they have a tool through which they make a HTML and some other format files and that can be imported into SAP environment and converted to the Environment TR.

Could you please suggest and tell me if you have come across any tool that can create these HTML files and we import in the other system ? Points will be given for all relevant answers accordingly...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to manually perform the transports.

Refer to below links for manually importing transports.

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/tyronemapp/2012/05/08/how-to-manually-import-transports-into-sap-without-us...

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1358805

Hope it helps.

BR,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks this answer was helpful but I would like to know more about if this process can be automated at Developer level instead of the BASIS level because right now I see you are talking about OS level things.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit/Aditya,

This link will give you an idea on how to set up a domain link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/c795388d62e450e10000009b38f889/content.htm

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  Manjukrishna,

Ok.... That's fine.... I have read this link.. but nowhere it is discuss about /usr/sap/trans directory..

Pleae help....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit..Sorry for a late response..

Since I haven't done this myself, I am little reluctant to guide you. But I have seen a setup like this in one of my previous projects.. Please check this link and see the last response from Eric.. This would answer your questions. Let me know in case you still have more questions.. I ll get hold of my seniors and get the answer..

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/domain-link-issue-1026841

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear  Krishna,

Thanks for your response. From given link, my doubt is still not clear...

Please discuss with your seniors "Do We need to mount same /usr/sap/trans (which is available in existing domain controller)  to  New domain controller."

Thanks

Sumit

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for your response. From given link, my doubt is still not clear...

Please discuss with your seniors "Do We need to mount same /usr/sap/trans (which is available in existing domain controller)  to  New domain controller.

It is easy to clear your doubt by yourself if you know how and when the transport directory is shared.

Just read this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c4/6045377b52253de10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards

RB

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Create a crontab script (if the OS is Unix/Linux) to transfer the files (cofiles and datafiles) from one DIR_TRANS directory to the other.

Regards

RB

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

Even i have used the same method.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Sorry, I saw your message very late..One way is to import transports the way Prem suggested..

One more method is, in your scenario when you say 2 different environments, I am assuming you have 2 landscapes (one old and one new). So, the old landscape has one domain controller. Domain controller is that system in the landscape where the transport routes are defined. It has the trans directory. (transport's cofiles and data files exist here)

Within a landscape, from SAP level we can only move transports to systems connected to this Domain controller. To import transports to other systems outside of the landscape we either follow Prem's suggestion or we can create a domain link between the existing domain controller of your landscape and the domain controller of the new landscape.

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manjukrishna,

So, In domain link creation method.. We need to mount same /usr/sap/trans (which is available in existing domain controller)  to  New domain controller.

OR just application level configuration is enough...

Thanks

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit

Both way you can do it , if you mount you trans directory then you need not sync (copy co and data file)

if you are not mounting you have to transfer files , either by using Z symbol in stms_import or you can schedule a background job

Alagappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Creating a domain link is a good option wherein we can create a link between multiple domain controllers and then move transports between systems in different domains. This is usually done when the projects follow the dual maintenance process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjukrishna,

Can you expand more about the reply you posted.. What do you mean by domain controllers ? They are two separate Environments.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it looks like a problem that can be solved using SolMan .. 

regards

Fred