cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit Memo is showing negative net value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In SAP SD we have "YBDR" as a sales oreder type for Debit Memo.

We have posted a Dr Memo due to rise in price. The negative value of which is booked in billing and sales register.

Actually this value must be added in our sales, but it is showing exactly reverse.

If I create Debit memo with reference of SAP billing the value is coming positive but when I create the same without billing reference the value is appearing negative.

I have to create Dr memo without reference because these price differences are from our old ERP system.

Please suggest, why this is happening.

Abhijeet Marulkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

Check if you have marked Return for your debit memo Item category in V0V7. If so, plz uncheck it.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Excellent post!

Thank you!

Enjoyed doing the testing, taking in to consideration your suggestion.

Further, few days back I looked in to the item category G2N (credit memo process), there the field "Returns" is activated. I did not understand why!

As credit memo process is not about returning the goods!

For G2N, if we make field "Returns" blank for the credit memo process, then too all the values in tab Condition would become negative, in the credit memo request.

Thus where ever we are returning money to the customer, at item category level, field Returns should be activated.

Where we are getting money from the customer, at item category level, field Returns should be kept blank.

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

Nice explanation !  I also enjoyed testing the scenario.

Sai,

Excellent post.

Thanks,

Suman$

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI TW,

Nice observation.

Thanks a lot.

@Sai: Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

the field Returns is already unchecked

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhijeet,

Test by creating a debit memo order and a debit memo (billing document), use sales document typeDR and L2 and item category L2N.

Please post your finding.

Message was edited by: T W

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhijeet,

Have you solved this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

if not the return flag....

It sounds to me like there is a conflict between the doc category and the item category. This can cause this difference in response between a create with ref compared to when not referenced. .... Abhijeet have a look at the doc categories.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg,

It sounds to me like there is a conflict between the doc category and the item category.

Yours is an interesting comment! Could you please elaborate, give an example?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Sorry for being cryptic but the issue can be introduced if creating new doc types and in the copy process the "SD document category" is mistakenly created with a "Debit memo request"  value instead of being a "Credit memo request" for a document you want to behave as a credit  and then vice-versa for a debit.

Thus if you then follow your given logic for the returns flag it will work the opposite way around and "misbehave". if the categories conflict. So really it is a conflict between the returns flag and the SD doc category.

Hope this clarifies?

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Can you tell me what is the Base Price Condition type you are using in Debit Memo Request doc type.

Is it a same pricing condition type which you are using for the Normal Sales order?

Please check the condition control in V/06 where "Plus/Minus" option should be "A-positive".

Still you are facing the same issue plz share your screen shot.I am sure you will get help to rectify the issue.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We have did what you have told, but it is not working.

Sharing with you a screenshot where it is showing a negative value.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Try to check the customization in Copy Control and also Billing.

Regards,

Kundan

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Try with "Negative Posting" option "B" in your Billing document type and save it and try.

Regards,

Krishna.