cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we make our Desktop as server ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help for one POC.I want to develop File to File Scenerio where my own desktop will act as server.I will make one folder with Name as INPUT where I will place my file and another Folder as OUTPUT where my file will be placed after mapping.I will be using SAP PI 7.1 as my middleware.

Please let me know what are the details of my local desktop(own desktop) needs to put in the communication channel so that PI will pick the file from C drive and place it in D drive.

Regards,

Abhinav Verma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Please let me know what are the details of my local desktop(own desktop) needs to put in the communication channel so that PI will pick the file from C drive and place it in D drive.

the only way to do it is to set up FTP server (any free ftp server) on your laptop and IF PI can connect to that

then you can do what you want - but make sure PI has access to your FTP on your desktop first,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

So in this case I have to  make my desktop as FTP first than only I can do it.Is there any other way so that I can do this POC..

Regards,

Abhinav Verma

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>So in this case I have to  make my desktop as FTP first than only I can do it.Is there any other way so that I can do this POC..

This is the simplest and only way to connect your laptop way

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

below are the options

Option 1:- you can create a FTP folder on your local desktop and then connect via PI

Option 2:- mount your windows desktop to PI file system ( iguess your PI system runs on Unix/AIX) by using samba tool then try to connect

PS:- option 1 is best

Cheers,

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

For option 1 ask your system admin to create a FTP service and mount the directories of C or D drive. do not forget to open the firewall from PI to your desktop IP

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Michael said ftp is the best way. There is one other option but feasibility depends on the security policies within your company:

Share the directory on your computer and create a nfs mount on the PI. Then you can use file channel of type nfs.

/Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI MIcheal,

Can you please share the details how can I go with this method.

Regards,

Abhinav Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Check with your network/PI administrator if it is possible to use shared Windows directories on PI.

2. If yes make a folder and share it by means of your windows explorer

3. create a file channel with transport protocoll File System (NFS) in Integration Builder

Source Directory: //Yourcomputer/Sharedirectory

4. Make sure that Yourcomputer adress is known on the PI server. You need probably a fix IP adress.
This has to be sorted out with your network admin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked with my system admin...they are saying it will violect the company policy and also they are giving permision to download the free ftp server.