cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal Control- License Determination- Can we restrict the max qty to be consumed for a Delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had a new request today. Would like to know if this is possible in standard setup for License setup.

We need to have a General License which should only allow 10KGs max(For example) per Shipment to a country. And the maximum quantity per Country is 200KG per year.

Do we have a way to set this up in standard? I am running out of ideas.

Basically, when there is a Delivery to India with 10KG arrives to GTS, the license should assing 10KGs and deduct 10 from the max qty- 200KG.

And the same way, there shouldn't be more 10KG assigned per shipment when the delivery carries more than 10 KG.

Basically, export is allowed with a constraint as follows

-> Individual Delivery/Shipment shouldn't exceed 10 KG.

->And the total of all Shipments to that country shouldn't be more than 200 KG per year.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks

Dhilipan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhilipan,

Wouldn't be possible to have 2 licences, each one with a max quantity of 10kg and 200kg ?

The shipment will be allowed only if both licences are OK in GTS (if you specify the Multiple licence check in the customizing of GTS and if a different issuing authority is assigned to each licence type).

Of course, this will require extra work as there will be 2 licences to maintain, and possibly each one with different settings / determination strategy, but for the moment I can't think of another solution.

(I'll try to have a look at the agreements if this could help and will let you know).

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

Hope you are doing good. Thanks for your response.

Yes you are right.. That was the last and straightforward option i thought of.

And as you said, I was also trying to configure the agreements func. But somehow i am not getting it setup right i believe.

I'll keep trying from my side as well. Please do let me know if you have any more suggestions.

Thanks in advance!!

Dhilipan

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dhilipan,

I was able to read the following text in the help of the following IMG activity:

Compliance Management -> Legal Control -> Define Depreciation Groups for Export Licenses:

In this IMG activity, you define the groups for value and quantity depreciation of export licenses in SAP Compliance Management. You can form nested licenses in the "Legal Control" service of SAP Compliance Management, for example, by assigning one or more export licenses to an agreement. The total quantities and values in the assigned export licenses cannot exceed the quantity and value in the agreement. These depreciation rules are required for the system to subtract the values and quantities in the export licenses from the total value of the agreement.

The depreciation group can then be assigned to a licence type (section Agreement, at the very end of the licence type customizing IMG).

I must confess that I have never used this feature, but I can try to have a look at the feature when I have some spare time.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mouaz,

Thanks a lot for your time..

You are right.. I was actually trying the same functionality. But earlier it wasn't working properly for me. Reason could be because i didn't have a depreciation group assigned.

Just did it. Seems to solve the purpose. I am going to try exhaustng the complete 200KG and then check if the system blocks me. I am sure it would do, but i'll still check it.

Setup did for this by me :

1) Created a new Agreement- with the same attributes as the License type.

2) Created a depreciation group.

3) Assigned this Agreement and depreciation group to the new license type that i created.

Master data setup.

1) Created a new Agreement(License) master and made the max. qty as 200KG.

2) Created a new license under this agreement and made the max. qty in the license as 10KG.

And i believe this will make sure system will restrict Shipments above 10KG and will also take care of 200KG per calendar year.

I'll update the results soon. Appreciate your help. Thanks a lot

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

It worked with the setup i stated above. Thanks for pointing this.

Regards

Dhilipan

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

That's great news

Answers (0)