Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Destinations from custom saplogon.ini file

daniel_schueler
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to load destinations from a particular saplogon.ini file? In general I would like to use the same functionality that the SapLogonIniConfiguration class offers, just that I need to use a different saplogon.ini file as the source then the "default" one that is loaded by SapLogonIniConfiguration.

The background is, that we want to offer the user all Destinations that he/she also sees in his SAPLogon application. Bu we have some users that use central SAPLogon configuration files (via registry key ConfigFileOnServer)  to manage the same destinations for a big group of users. Because the SapLogonIniConfiguration class only loads those destinations that are stored in the local saplogon.ini, the destinations that come from the central configuration file are missing.

Thank you,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

It is possible to load saplogon.ini file from different locations.

Just add the paths of the different saplogon.ini to the env varialble SAPLOGON_INI_FILE seperated by semicolon.

You can give first the path of the central saplogon.ini file which may be on network followed by path of your local saplogon.ini file.

Hope it helps.

BR,

Prem.

daniel_schueler
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hallo Prem,

thank you for your help. In a first step I simply tried to change the saplogon.ini file from where the data is loaded by adding the environment variable you suggested. It worked for the SAPLogon application, it now shows the values from the saplogon.ini file on the share (\\dwdf...). Unfortunately the SapLogonIniConfiguration-Class seems to ignore the environment variable and still loads the destinations from the local file.

The screenshot shows the problem:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Try using only the saplogon.ini file location on the share and remove the entry of path of local saplogon.ini in the env variable.

BR,

Prem