cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download already-deployed Java Web Dynpro Apps?

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Do you know how can I download the deployed file of a Java Web Dynpro App?   (SAP EP 7.0)   I need to make a backup of all existing web dynpro apps.

Thanks!!!! 😃

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if this is 700 then as far as I remember you can get the deployable ear files from the .../SDM/root/origin folder. Not sure though whether you will be able to retrieve it in a form that is possible to continue to develop (i.e. sources, project related files, etc).

Regards,

Ervin

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks a lot, I'll check the path.

All,

Thanks a lot.. answering your questions, yes I have the source code, it is just that I want to make a backup of the last compiled app that is running in PRD.   Sadly, we're not using NWDI as of now, but we're using another tool to keep track of versions.    I guess it is just me that want to have a quicker roll back option in case I need it.

I'll try the path suggested by Ervin and will let you know if that worked for me 😃

Kind regards!

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That was the correct path, thanks Ervin!  😃

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will strongly recommend you to use SAP NWDI for the purpose. Without the Source Code maintained in SAP NWDI, your applications may become obsolete very soon, it will become impossible to do bug fixes, changes and enhancements in absence of well maintained, versioned source code.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Diego,

If you want to download the DC from NWDS, then you need to Export the DC from NWDS to local machine.

Select File >> Export >> File System >> Select your DC and browse the folder where you want to download >> then click on Finish.

OR

Right click on DC >> Properties >> Info >> Location, go to the location and copy it.

Hope it will helps,

Regards

Vijay Kalluri

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what's the point of that? you don't have the source code?