cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative stock quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've ran into a problem when issuing out a spare part in SAP as now my stock is showing a negative quantity and the word "ISSUE" in the bin location.

There was a reservation made from a WO for a component which had 0 qty in stock. After this someone found physically 1ea in stock and used it to fix the problem. What we did was adjust the stock using MIGO 701 so that the material stock would reflect 1ea. After this we issued the part out clearing the reservation.

After all this instead of my stock showing 0 again it showed -1 and in the bin location the word "ISSUE" appeared.

I would appreciate if some one have any ideas on this one?

Thanks all,

Rafael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MIGO 701.... I dont like to see such.

you location is warehouse managed, hence a physical inventory adjustment should be done in WM, and then is is cleared with MM.And in this case a movement between 711 and 718 is used, these are inventory adjustments for WM.

a 701 is an inventory adjustment for a Non-WM storage location.

and in case you should avoid doing the adjust with MIGO, usually you should have an inventory document as basis for an adjustment. Maybe your auditors will tell you this too after the next audit.

I assume that your 701 movement - has no reference movement in WM and does not create any stock in WM, hence whenever you use it you are going to create an inconsistency between MM and WM.

Create stock for this storage location e.g. with 202 movement, you should then find a new positive quant in WM.

Create then a TO to move this positive quant onto the negative quant to make it zero and vanish.

Then execute LX23 to adjust MM with WM, which means SAP will adjust MM and make MM stock equal to WM, it makes MM as well zero.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

As per my understanding after adjusting stock, you are not placed that quantity in to bin. Check stock at IM level it should show 0, at WM(Bin) level you will get stock as -1. Reverse stock into bin and do TO for GI again.