cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple resources with in a PPM operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a PPDS PPM created from master data in SAP R/3. The production version and routing in R/3 are referring to only one work center but when we integrated the master data into APO and checked the PPM, the operation has 4 resources Can some body help me understand the reasons behind getting multiple resources. We are not even sure what and why the other 3 resources appeared...all of them are primary resources with in the operation, not even alternative...

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

KP,

A Resource in APO is not the same as a Work Center!  The normal mapping is that a Capacity Category within the ECC Work Center maps to an APO Resource.

The first thing to look at is the resources in APO that were CIFd across.  /SAPAPO/RES01.  Do you have several resources for the same Work Center, each carrying slightly different names (e.g. "WRKCNTR_XXXX_YYY" where 'WRKCNTR'  is the name of your ECC workcenter, XXXX is the name of your Plant, and YYY is the number of your capacity category)? Also, are all four of your resources in //RES01 the same type of resource?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49

The resource names are all different and there is a corresponding work center in R/3.

work center PBD01 coming over to APO as WPBD01_1520_001

work center PBD02 coming over to APO as WPBD02_1520_001

work center GSK01 coming over to APO as WGSK01_1520_001 etc.

They are all under the same capacity category in scheduling tab of CR03...as Machine. I think that is ok...

I am not sure where the problem is...any suggestions?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

Also check whether you have any secondary operation in routing?

BR

Thamizh

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

You need to check the classification data in WorkCentre and Routing,

pl refer the below screen shot for details.

Routing classification check

Hope this help you.

BR

Thamizh

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

Are you maintaining any classification details for the work centre in ECC?

BR
Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizh

Can you advise where I can check the classification for work center? I can't see any option to check classifications within CR03.

Thanks,

KP