cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VFX3 wrong posting date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are facing a problem regarding transaction VFX3 where the user creates a billing document, lets say, on July 31st and for some reason the accounting document is not created. Therefore the document is pending on VFX3, The user releases it on August 1st, and the accounting document is created with posting date August 1st, although the desired behavior is the posting date to be July 31st.

I believe it is a simple issue, but I simply cant remember where it is controlled in the customizing.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Adriano Cardoso

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adriano,

I'm sure that you're using some custom copy control routine from order/delivery to invoice or any User Exit in invoice that is setting the field to the Current Date. Please check in VTFL and VTFA at Item Level if the Copying Requirement is 011 or if you are using some other routine with a logic of changing the Date to current System Date. One more thing please check in the User Exit for the Program RV60AFZA & RV60AFZA. Do revert with your findings. Thanks and have a nice day.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if the enhancement SDVFX001 (EXIT_SAPLV60B_001) is working. Check if fields BLDAT, BUDAT or others are being changed. See Note 301077 - User exits for the interface to accounting for further information. Check also if there are substitutions (tcode OBBH) relevants for your issue.

If the before doesn't matter, as Ammarah suggest, check in copy rules if you have any VOFM in VBRK/VBRP.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Adriano,

I believe you requirement is to release the billing doc to accounting on the same day automatically. For this you need to remover the Posting Block Check in Billing Document Type (Ex: F2) in Tcode : VOFA Path: IMG > Sales and Distribution > Billing > Billing document > Define Billing Documents Type

Try this config step and run the cycle, now when you create billing document in VF01 it will automatically released to accounting without a block.

Thanks,

Sumeet Sah

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

VFX3 is nothing but Release Billing Document for Accounting and here only those Billing documents are getting fetched for which the accounting document has not been created (due to some reason or config has done in that way).VFX3 does not propose the billing date as the system date or on which date you are trying to release it.It posted the Billing as per Billing date on which date it is been created.So I deny your statement mentioned below;

lets say, on July 31st and for some reason the accounting document is not created. Therefore the document is pending on VFX3, The user releases it on August 1st, and the accounting document is created with posting date August 1st, although the desired behavior is the posting date to be July 31st.

Please check twice and update here.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the replies.

Dear Mr.Sardar.

Your explanationa is accurate. However, the problem is really happening as I stated (unfortunately), and double checked, there is no user exits or enhacements activated at this point.

Anyways I noticed that when we simply enter the un-released billing doc through VF03, the billing date is automatically assigned as the (today) date at the field "Billing date".

Adriano Cardoso

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you already created billing document and waiting for Accounting document creation(through VFX3),then accounting document will be created based on the billing document date only.

hence there is no other option to change Billing date need to cancel(VF11) the existing Billing document and recreate and while creation of Billing document change the Billing date manually(31-07.2013) and release it.

before that check with FI consultant whether the period is closed or open?

and one more option if its closed ask them open the period and post the amount manually through Journal voucher.

Regards,

Krishna.