cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete log in T000 table which was accrue executing SCC4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

By mistake i have change the system setting via SCC4 and change log contains my user id.

how can i revert to the back setting. i have check in T000 table contains last change my name i have changed via db level but

report RSVTPROT  fetch the log.

Please suggest how can i delete the log and which table contains the T000 logs in sap.

rec/client is set in profile.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Not a problem if you accept this and proactively inform this action and the original status is restored.

I would suggest not to try deleting the traces/logs which would be a legal issue.

Regards,
Naresh.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have the rights to change SCC4 is the security consultant fault anyway!!.. 

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Some settings you have changed in system by mistake using SCC4  and you accepted it.

I feel you inform the right person and accept it.  It's not a crime. I have seen scenarios where all production users were wrongly locked.

Crime would be if you try to hide and delete log to save your id. After all you can not hide anything from logging in SAP

Regards,

Dharmendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I'm not sure that deleting this log is something we want to be doing.  When we make mistakes then logging it is useful because we can see who did what, when.  In Basis, it's not uncommon to change things by accident as we are the system administrators.  As long as we inform the system owners of what was done and how we reversed the error, then we should be okay.

If we start deleting logs, then the auditors will start to ask "What else is this company deleting logs for?  Is there anything that they are trying to hide?". 

Honesty is the best policy.

Regards,

Graham

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

very well said, +1

Companies use SAP software because it allows proper compliance and auditibility of actions. Tempering with such could be considered from a lawyer perspective as crime - (I'm not a layer though).

Regards,

Hannes