Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer number range

tolulope_okusaga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I intend to create an external number range for customer master that is not allocated serially when create the customer master using tx:xd01

is this possible?

regards,

Tolu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes this is possible. Please check in XDN1 and create number range by putting a tick in Ext tick mark. Then assign this to your customer account group. I would suggest you to check in system before posting here. Did you check???

Thank$

tolulope_okusaga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done that already however d number needs to be assigned serially.

As an example the if the number range is stated is x001 to x999 the first number that must be assigned is x001.

However the if the required customer number i need to create is x012 the SAP system does not accept it because the presiding numbers have not been created as a customer master.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Really? Well this is something new for me then. Let me test in my system tomorrow and will update here.

Thank$

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tolulope,

I am sure there is some user exit for your customer number range.

What you are saying is not standard behavior for Customer Number Range in SAP.

If you noticed the Number Range carefully in the number range interval ,for customer in XDN1, you can see that only for the Internal Number Range you can have the Current Number column filled with current number and it is consequently getting increment but if you are using the External Number range then this column is not getting populated whereas you have already created as many customer as you want between the external number interval.Please have a look below screen also check the list of customer I have created.

You can see the there is no such customer number created serially.Double check in your system that any User exit is implemented or not. There are so many threads related to Number range exit in SCN. Try to check it again.Best of luck.

Thanks,

Suman$