cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sender file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a situation where I have two files A and B that needs  to be sent to vendor. Both need to be encrypted before transmission via FTP using third  party software.

File A needs to be send daily and File B sent only once a month.

I can use one  .bat file and have commands to encrypt both the files but every time the .bat is executed from OS command line in PI a error will be generated for File B that "file not found"  because File B is available only once a month to be sent to vendor.

Both File A and B will be dropped in the same folder location.

Do I create two config scenarios and two separate bat files one for File A that runs daily and one for File B that runs once a month?

Is there a better way to do this ? we are on pi 7.0 EHp 1

Thanks,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you create two sender channels - one for each file and call a separate OS script for each file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that was my thinking to create two separate sender channels and call a separate OS script. Can I use the same receiver channel ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you have a File/FTP adapter which polls a particular folder. Both FileA and FileB are delivered to this folder. In addition it sounds like you have a Run OS command parameter. These only run if a file is found so your issue is that perhaps only FileA or FileB has arrived, not both. However, your batch script assumes both?

Well you could either have 2 separate senders + adapters etc

OR can't you just have a batch script which recognises the file being processed i.e. it is clever enough not to attempt to process a file which doesn't exist ?

OR couldn't the batch script run in a loop and process any files which are presented and so doesn't care whether there is 1, 2 or 100?

PaulC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. But remember each Sender channel = a set of config objects i.e. Service, Sender Agreement, Adapter, Receiver Determination, Interface Determination. But yes multiple senders can output to the same receiver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can. 

Answers (0)