cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF- GATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one give some information on the difference between ATP Customizing and ATP Check in CIF integration model?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Adding on to what Sourabh has already said, even after an integration model has been created and activated, if the checkbox "ATP Check" is not selected, the GATP check (or rather, the ATP check in the APO system) doesn't happen. So, inorder for the GATP check to happen, it is mandatory that the checkbox "ATP Check" be selected during the creation of the integration model.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

As rightly mentioned by DB ATP customizing transfers all customizing related objects from ECC to APO, and generally transferred once at the start of the project, unless and until we have some major changes in ATP customizing in ECC side, which we want to replicate to APO, ATP customizing is not transferred.

ATP check on the other hand is used to activate ATP check to happen in APO rather then in ECC, so it has to be activated for all product - location combinations which you want to do ATP check in APO.

Also, while transferring ATP customizing it is recommended to put this in separate integration model and transferred ahead of any master data to APO.

Hope it is clear.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumanth,

ATP customizing CIF is generally only used in a brand new SCM system.  Here you CIF across basic ECC ATP configuration  (e.g. Availability checking groups, Checking rules, etc etc) so that most of the ECC ATP configuration is replicated in SCM.  After this initial transfer, most companies then disable re-transferring ATP configuration from ECC into APO by setting a flag in APO configuraton under GATP Global Settings, so that the changes you make within SCM GATP configuration are not overwritten.

ATP check 'turns on' ATP checking for the specific Material/Plant combinations.  Once this model is activated, SAP stops using ECC ATP functionality FOR THAT MATERIAL/PLANT and automatically switches to APO ATP functionality.  In general, before you activate the ATP Model, you should first activate the model for the underlying document that you wish to perform availability checks on (such as sales orders, production orders, etc.etc.)

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB 49 Sir,

Just want to ask here for GATP when I create the Integration model, should I active ATP check only or should I active ATP as well as Sales Order.

Can you please explain me for GATP only ATP is required or both ATP and Sales Order is required.

Thank You.

Sanjeet Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeet,

It is considered poor etiquette in SCN to 'tack on' a new question to someone else's old posting.

Re-read my 2013 comment in the posting above.  To me it seems that the answer to your 2015 question was already clearly answered.  If you have any further doubts, why don't you spend 20 minutes in a  sandbox system and answer the question for yourself.  Experience is the best teacher, and lessons learned through experience tend to stay with you forever.

Best Regards,

DB49