cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount of servers differ from amount of ports in the configuration

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a issue while starting my Java server where start of UME service fails.

I am attaching the default trace log here, please help,

#1.5 #00188BE4C40400240000000C000066250004E2E0D266C599#1375355137344#com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner##com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_54##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Java###Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

[EXCEPTION]

{0}#1#com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: Start of UME service failed. Check help topic "Start of UME Service Failed". Technical details: Amount of servers differ from amount of ports in the configuration

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:398)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:83)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:156)

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: Amount of servers differ from amount of ports in the configuration

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.LDAPPersistence.init(LDAPPersistence.java:409)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:446)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.newInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:164)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:117)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:63)

at com.sap.security.core.InternalUMFactory.initializeUME(InternalUMFactory.java:221)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:287)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

-------- caused by --------

com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: Amount of servers differ from amount of ports in the configuration

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.LDAPConnectionManager.initConnectionPools(LDAPConnectionManager.java:472)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.LDAPConnectionManager.initialize(LDAPConnectionManager.java:103)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.LDAPPersistence.init(LDAPPersistence.java:396)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:446)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.newInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:164)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:117)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:63)

at com.sap.security.core.InternalUMFactory.initializeUME(InternalUMFactory.java:221)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:287)

#

#1.5 #00188BE4C40400240000000E000066250004E2E0D266C78B#1375355137345#com.sap.engine.core.Framework##com.sap.engine.core.Framework#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_54##0#0#Fatal#1#/System/Server/Critical#Plain###Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.#

Regards

Sushmit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had a UME issue a while back and while I didn't try pointing back to LDAP, here is how you can fix the issue to at least get your java stack back online (This was a 7.31 stack, mileage may vary)!

Offline editor

cluster_config > system > custom_global > cfg > services > com.​sap.​security.​core.​ume.​service > Propertysheet properties held the answer.  Datasource value is 3/4 down on the list of various attributes.  Just choose to use the default value (which is the store that was installed with the system).

0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

I followed the steps given by you

cluster_config cluster_data> system > custom_global > cfg > services > com.​sap.​security.​core.​ume.​service > Propertysheet properties and set the value as default. Now when I started the server J2ee is not starting how ever in default trace error is different now.

Please find attached latest default trace file.

0 Kudos

Thanks Billy,

Problem has been resolved. After following above steps I changed one more property to default and now my server is up and running.

Under Cluste Data -> Global Server Configuration -> Services -> com.sap.security.cor.ume.services

Now find the key :- ume.persistence.data_source_configuration

And change to default

The default was: - dataSourceConfiguration_database_only.xml

click on set and from file -> apply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmit,

Can you please check the note mentioned below..

1583062 - LDAP data source for high availability does not work for wrong configuration

1706622 - IndexOutOfBoundsException occurs when invoking netweaver administrator

Note 1685119 - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException when opening nwa/ws-logs

Can you please past more log from work direcory.

std_server0.out

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad it helped and you were able to get your Java system back up and running!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide an update what are the details given in the ume config.

Can you login in config tool and check ume config and see where is it pointing to.

From the logs it looks it is pointing to ldap active direcory.

The error suggests that the number of LDAP serer names that you added to the XML does not match the number of LDAP ports specifed.

So I suggest carefully checking the configuration in the configtool and ensure for every hostname or IP entered for ume.ldap.access.server_name, there is only corresponding entry in ume.ldap.access.server_port..

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Actually the issue here is we have not touched any of the configurations. This server is just user for the digital signature which we get in our various forms on Abap Server. So we never login to this machine from os level and I am pretty sure no configuration has ever been touched. I will provide the logs in some time.

Regards

Sushmit