cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating new field for UD in QA32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As per the client, two new fields(ie., Rejection and Rework) is to be added for making UD in QA32 t.code. The reason is my client wants the two new fields for tracking of material status and quantity as per the business requirement. Also he wants custom specific mvmt types assigned to the two new fields. The reason is client wants to track things separately.

Can anyone tell me how to add two new fields and create custom specific mvmt type and assign that mvmt type to the two new fields. I am uable to find a suitable solution for their requirement.

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasa,  543 you can not assign for inventory posting through QA, as it consumes the material lying at vendor's end for a subcontracting consignment.

I think, you should first decide where you want to post the rejection stock and rework stock. If you want these to be posted in to block stock you can customize Z50 movement by copying 350 and assign this in above path.

Alternatively, I believe, you can bifurcate rejections and rework separately without customizing a new movement type also. Explore this if fits to your business scenario.

1. You should create 2 distinct storage locations, one for rejection and another for rework.
  2. Add only VMENGE08 and assign 350 movement there.
  3. For rework, you should post the stock in to block stock and provide storage location (say) as REWK
  4. For rejection, you should post the stock in to other quantity and provide storage location (say) as REJ
  5. Run MB51 with 350 movement by putting above locations.

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Followed the steps mentioned by Maheswaran and activated additional field as required. But when tried to assign movement to the new field system is accepting only 350 mvmt type. Tried assigning other mvmt type and checked in stock posting tab in QA11 transaction, system is not accepting the mvmt type except 350 mvmt type.

Please let me know what are the other steps that need to be done in solving this issue.

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

Former Member
0 Kudos

What was the movement type you are trying & what was the error message.

If you give complete details, then only we can check for some solution. Please try to keep at most details about your issue always.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

1. I have activated VMENGE08 and VMENGE09 field in Inventory stock posting through SPRO but only VMENGE08 field is reflecting in QA32 transaction.

2. For the VMENGE08 field i have assigned 543 mvmt type as client wanted to enter qty separately for Rework.

3. When I entered qty in VMENGE08 field in QA32 transaction, system is giving an error message "Enter Special Stock M7018".

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In config you can set up the stock posting fields to use any material movement you want.  You can also influence the text that is displayed for each line or even if it is displayed at all.

As far as the custom movement types, you can copy any existing movement type to a custom movement, usually a 9xx movement type.  Then you could use that in the UD stock posting config.

Both are pretty much standard SAP functionality and if you do a search you should find plenty of info on both topics.  Also, please look at the documentation provide in config.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for your reply. Read the documentation provided in config but finding it little difficult understand as I have learnt QM module only through trial and error method and by doing R&D in client's dev system. That is the reason I asked if some one could help find solution or provide me with solution for the above mentioned issue that my client has reduced.

Hope you understood my problem. Please let me know if any further clarification is needed from my end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can follow the path.

IMG - Quality Management - Quality Inspection - Inspection Lot completion - Define Inventory Postings

You can define the Posting proposal for UD. Till VMENGE07 will be defined in standard system. So you can use VMENGE08 as per SAP help. VMENGE09 has been reserved for SAP purpose. I am not used VMENGE09 as well.

Against VMENGE08 / VMENGE09, you can mention the custom movement types created. Also, you can use VMENGE01 to VMENGE07 to change according to your requirement.