cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import DISPLAY_LANGUAGE using workbooks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a business scenario where in we are importing legacy data into sourcing using the deployment workbooks.

We are currently working on have the supplier (class 607) imported.

There is one field which we have not been able to successfully import i.e. the Default Language (DISPLAY_LANGUAGE)

The instructions to import it are as follows:

DISPLAY_LANGUAGEReference References the LANGUAGE;COUNTRY field of a Language Pack

And we have tried the following combinations with no success, to make the language Italian for a supplier.

EXTERNAL_IDDISPLAY_LANGUAGE
000408Yit;
000408Yit;IT
000408Yit;*
000408Yit

The warning displayed is

# Record 1. Warning: An error was encountered in column DISPLAY_LANGUAGE which had the value it;: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.odp.common.db.ColumnMdIfc.getFieldType() of an object loaded from local variable 'columnMetadata'

The same is displayed for all the combinations that we have tried above and the value is not updated.

Could you please guide as to how this field must be imported?

Any help will be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I finally raised this as a ticket with SAP.

This was accepted as a bug, and is resolved in v9 SP13/14

Hope this helps someone out!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Padma,

Please check in Value List Values what you have maintained for Italy and also check in Localized resource if Italy is maintained for Display Language. if it is not maintained in localized resource then it would not appear.

Thanks

Kanchan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has the Language pack been installed for Italian when you installed Esourcing ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Yes, we have the language pack for italian installed.

We have the same problem, even if the language mentioned in the import file is "EN".

Thanks,

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SQL is basically

FROM FCI_SYS_LANGUAGEPACK WHERE LANGUAGE = ? AND COUNTRY = ? AND CONTEXTID = ?

Your usage of it;IT is correct. if you have the authorization can you check the table mentioned above to see what is in there; but primarily Iam guessing it could be a context Issue..

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

I checked the table.

The context id for all languages is 0 (zero)

Language PackDescriptionLANGUAGECOUNTRYCONTEXTID
EnglishEnglishen*0

Could this be the problem?

Thanks,

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

Although I have not worked on import using different languages I guess the issue could lie in the fact that Italian might not have been imported in the language pack. Maybe you could check this configuration and try again.

Also you could consider using transaction BBP_ES_MAST_DOWNLOAD in ERP to download the vendor. Basically this transaction allows you to select the language and particular data (specific vendor in your case) to be uploaded to Sourcing. It downloads the data as an XML which could then be uploaded to Sourcing.

Hope these options help. Please let us know if you managed a successful upload.

Thanks,

Arijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijeet,

We are loading data from the client's legacy system to Sourcing.

So unfortunately that is not a solution we can use.

Thanks though.

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

We are also receiving the same error.  Wondering if you were able to resolve it?  Please let us know.  Thanks in advance!

-Luki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luki,

We have not been able to resolve it yet.

Thanks,

Padma