SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Business functions

samar_jose2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hope to get an answer to my query. We are in the process of upgrading our current PSCD system from 6.00 to 6.06 and

at the same time planing to activate social services functions. However I have the following concerns.

1. Will there be any conflicts with the existing functions (PSCD)

2. Activation will generate new logic and tables in the system will this affect the current data.

Looking forward for a response.

Regards

Saj

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saj,

you should be aware that the business functions for social services are always a combination of CRM- and ERP-business function.

Therefore an activation in ERP only makes sense if you also use/activate the according CRM business function.

Is this the case for you ?

Best regards,

Claus

0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

Thanks for the response. We have scenario here where there is a CRM instance which is integrated to ERP Social Service and then the ERP SS is integrated with the PSCD.I know this is a bit wierd scenario. Is there any way where the integration can be done using existing standard functionality. I'm also a bit confused on PSCD contract objects and its functionality. have you implemented contract objects in any of your projects and what was the requirement on doing so.

Thanks in advance.

Saj

0 Kudos

Hi Saj,

The integration between CRM and ERP / PSCD provided by the Social Services solution is also a standard integration which enables specific requirements around mass re-calculations of social benefit amounts and mass-billing of benefit payments.

The usage of PSCD contract objects is optional. Some customers choose to use them to have another level of process control and overview in PSCD. For example, some use the contract object to represent the social benefit in PSCD.

Best regards,

Claus

0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

Thanks for your advise. I have another questions

Can we use number ranges at the Company code level not contract account level. Which means that the full range of numbers can be utilized for all Company's

Eg code 1 Cocd 2, Cocd3

Is there any issues with this.

Rgds

Saj

0 Kudos

Hi Saj,

number ranges are usually defined per Object type you want to number (e.g. contract account type, document type, ...).

Which object (type) are you referring to with your question?

BR, Claus

0 Kudos
Hi Claus,  I was referring to contract account.  Cheers Samar

0 Kudos

Hi Saj,

the numbering for contract accounts is defined on the level of the system client.

--> so, each number can only exist once, not per company code.

One workaround could be to define a separate system client for each company code. Then you could use all numbers for each company code.

But of course this could have some disadvantages in other places.

BR, Claus