Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Ignore Extra fields from Tabseprated flat file for Sender FCC

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are using Tab Seprated flat file in sender side.

File has 25 fields for a header item and we always required only first 10 fields from it, so let know the way to ignore other than required fields instead of creating 25 fields in Datatype and ignoring it in mapping.

Regards,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Declare just 10 fields in your data type and in FCC. This is what Amit is trying to suggest here. It should work.

Ambrish

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

I have tried samething but its not working. look at my above reply with screenshot..

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you paste  an screenshot of the DT defined in the ESR,i assume that the key value is not spected in the DT, so you should define the

Header.keyFieldInStructure = ignore

Detail.keyFieldInStructure = ignore

○  NameA.keyFieldInStructure

■  If the key field of the substructure is to be added to the XML document, enter add. This is the default.

■  If the key field is to be ignored, enter ignore.

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

I have crated key field in DT and same is mentioned in FCC also(Check out above FCC screenshot) but still its throwing error.

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error is in the header segment, but without a sample of your structure and configuration provided in the FCC its too difficult to us help you.

could you provide a sample of the CSV and past the property Header.fieldFixedLength, i am sure the error is there.

I sugguest to use the properties below insted of NameA.additionalLastFields

take a look to help.sap

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/6713ec3f914ddee10000000a1553f7/content.htm?frames...

●  Parameter NameA.fieldFixedLengths is configured

○  If the inbound structure contains more fields than in NameA.fieldNames or NameA.fieldFixedLengths the conversion is executed.

Additional fields in the structure are ignored.

Use the NameA.missingLastFields parameter to define the behavior at runtime when the structure contains less fields in total that specified in NameA.fieldFixedLengths

0 Kudos

hi

see this one it will help you http://scn.sap.com/thread/3162033

srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

use below FCC:

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Amit,

I have tested it already but this is not for ignoring extra fields...

Any other thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you sure?

FCC Result:

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have tried it but its still throwing an error.

We have data for only first 10 fields and rest are tabs only without any data.may be this creats an issue?

FCC:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Seems we are using diff. PI system...Paste your sample file format.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried testing FCC config using Key field value (similar to what u have done and pasted above) and it's perfectly working fine...so the essence is cross check the field names which u r giving under FCC parameter

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I can't share the test file as its a real time file which customer supplied from AS IS.

file foramt: Header and Line items has 25 fields, both header and line items will have 24 tabs(25 fields total) but header have value for first 10 fields only and rest are just tabs without any value.

I have added extra 15 fields in header structure and executed E2E without any issue but throwng error only if i create 10 fields in Header structure.

i am using PI 7.31 (SP 06).is this could be a product bug?

Regards,

Mani