cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update manager cannot start !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed Solution Manager SP04 and would like to upgrade it to SP08 using SUM.

Now I have downloaded and extract SUM. When I try to start SUM by execute startup.bat i see this error:

SUM info: V1.0, SP07.

Please kindly share your expertise in this issue.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A couple of things come to mind:

1. what userid are you logged in as? It looks like you are connected as NSTADM rather than s1ladm.

2. I usually install SUM in the root directory, i.e. D:\sum

let me know the results.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

According to update guide, SUM should be extracted into D:\usr\sap\S1L, S1L is my system ID.

I wonder why NST is mentioned here? How do i check if i connect as s1ladm?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Login into your system (windows) with ID: S1LADM and then start startup.bat from coomand prompt (run as administrator).

Have you checked if you have mentioned wrong SID i.e. NST anywhere in environmental variable ?

Please let me know if you still face issue?

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal,

Thank you. Yes, i logon as S1LADM again and this issue is fixed... But i still meet another issue when selecting targets files:

When i select SP08 files - 51045452 from SMP. I see error when proceeding. i guess some others files are missing in that data directory?

Is there a list of missing files for my system that could be found?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue got sorted out.

Above screen shot shows that you are not using XML file (generated through MOPZ). So, generate the same through MOPZ and use during upgrade.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's your SID , NST or S1L ? please make sure that you have maintained proper SID in environmental settings.

Could you please try out following things :-

1. Extract SUM sar file under /usr/sap/<SID>

2. Then run STARTUP.BAT

Once it starts up the SL Controller, execute DsuGui.bat from usr/sap/<SID>/sum/sdt/exe .

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal,

SID is S1L.

I have extracted sum sar file into D:\usr\sap\S1L as you see in cmd .

When i launch startup.bat i see that error.

I do not know why NST is mentioned here ? Could you please give more hint for this check?

Thanks