cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Mobile Work Offline & My Items problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our users need to utilise offline mode, but in trying to set this up I'm encountering a number of problems.

This is SAP BOE 4.0 SP 5, Webi report saved with 1500 rows displaying a crosstab and saved with Refresh On Open unchecked.

The latest version of the iPad app is installed.

The scenario plays out as follows:

• Saved report in Infoview to Mobile category
  • I have to logout from the active connection on the iPad before it appears on the Server - All listing (is there no way to refresh this content?)
  • Login to connection and report is available. Tap it and the report opens and I can refresh it fine
  • Added the report to "My Items"
  • Tap Back and Browse and select "Work Offline" from the Connection drop down
  • "My Items" is displayed with the report visible for selection
  • Tap the report "Error <report name> This action cannot be performed: verify network connectivity"
    This is issue 1, why are we getting this error. Server setting offlinestorage=true, offlinestorage.ttl=365
  • Tap Browse and turned off "Work Offline" and relogged to the connection
  • Tap Browse, Server - All; No reports are displayed!
    This is issue 2, "having relogged my server reports should now become available again"
  • Logged out of the connection and relogged to the same connection
  • Tapped Server - All still no reports are available
  • Shut Down the SAP BI application and relogged. Server - All still no reports available
  • I removed the report from My Items, Tap Server - All, still no reports available
  • Logged out of the connection
  • Relogged to the connection and now tapping Server - All the reports are visible again. So seemingly they only came back when the My Items report was removed.

Very Odd...

Thanks

M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed very strange!!

Can you let us know what is the connectivity mechanism between your device and the BO server.

any firewall or DMZ connection. VPN?

You have particularly mentioned one report having 1500 rows. Does this happen with any report. May be a sample report based on efashion universe as well.

can you create a new connection on your device and check the issue again.

Regarding the offline issue, you sure you are connecting to the same application server. If in case you have muliple application servers hosting Mobile, just in case

you can redeploy the MobileBIService.war file once and check the issue as well

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

My apologies but I was wrong in my initial post. These issues are against the XIr3 BOE. None of these issues appear on the V4 based BOE.

I did recreate the connection but the same behaviour happens on that connection. What was interesting though was that when I logout (because no reports appear under Server - All); if I login to the alternative connection the reports appear. Logout and go back to the original connection and Server - All is still blank. Also the report added to My Items does not appear when I login to that alternative connection that is actually the same BO infrastructure. Again, deleting the My ITems report and the Server - All populates again.

When Server - All is not showing the reports, the swipe down action to the Refresh the contents does not work either.

Our installation uses VPN on Demand.

I mentioned the 1500 rows just to show it wasn't a data volume problem.Not sure we have eFashion configured in DEV but currently I don't have access if we do.

As this is the DEV environment we only have 1 application server deployed.

thanks

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI M,

is VPN causing this? i suspect

tiemout, connectivity issues may be.

As you are able to see the reports when you login to an alternate connection, it means the connectivity is fine to the BO server. it is able to communicate, but i guess the first time, it tries to validate the connection or may be times out, leading to no reports.

once it authenticates, it does not try to fetch data.

while logging into another connection, it connects and gets the data.

indeed strange,

Have you tried to connect your ipad directly to the BO server? this will clear out the hassles, which might help you take this with your VPN team to investigate the logs.

Also, the work offline thing, as it does not have any data initially, it shows you no network connection, because, there is something happening when the app communicates to the server using VPN. The logs should have some answers.

Regards,

Atul B