cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User mapping between SAP backend system and SharePoint through Duet system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working in Duet Enterprise 1.0 Feature Pack 1. In my customer environment, they are having 1000 user IDs in SharePoint 2010 and from SAP end, they have 500 user IDs. At SAP end, they are sharing the SAP User IDs. So, our concern is how to map SAP IDs with SharePoint IDs through Duet System in table VUSREXTID and how to incorporate single sign on  for this scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

For each SharePoint user there should be a matching user in the SAP NetWeaver Gateway system. This question should be addressed to the SAP Account Executive to determine how to acquire the required user licenses.

Cheers, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex.

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

User Mapping

If you have identified the users you want to map to Gateway (assuming you are using central hub gateway, in NW versions earlier than 7.4 ), one option is, for each SAP user, extract AD user names stored in Table USRACL and put it pragmatically into VUSREXTID. This program will be a scheduled job which will map the users. I think there is a BADI provided for this hooking. I don't remember the IMG path

To make sure that your users are present in USRACL, you  can maintain SNC names in user maintenance. 

This is just 1 of the options. We have used it and working fine in a customer's production systems !

Regarding SSO

Duet Enterprise 1.0 FP1 still talks to SP via SOAP based web services. You need to configure SAML for Gateway to talk to SharePoint. This will utilize the mapping you have done in VUSREXTID.

Check Duet Enterprise 1.0 FP1 guide.

Before you do all this, make sure user names in Gateway and all backend are same. (This is required for trusted connections and SAP Logon Tickets).

For reporting and workflow you would need to have 1 report and 1 workflow publisher user to be configured in SOAMANAGER in Gateway (Basic Authentication).

Feel free to ask if you have more specific questions!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saumil.

Regards,

Murali.