Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job for RG23A/C part1 register during 161&261 Movment type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As we know As soon as 261 Movement type happens in the system, if that material is related to excise then we have to update RG23A part I register manually in J1I5 T-code.

But my requirement is as soon as i confirm my production order(i.e 261 Mov type) through back ground job system will update the RG23A part I register automatically and similarly for 161 Movment type also. User don't want to update each register manually.

Please give me some expert view.

Regards

PR

10 REPLIES 10

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I seem to have overlooked the issue as just as a report.

Regarding your requirement, It is better that you run J1I5 manually with the required parameters as and when required.

If you still want to go ahead with the automation then have written an abap program to update the J1I5 as per your requirement and you may even schedule it through a Background job.

MB01, MIGO, J1IEX & J1I5 transactions will update the Part 1 entry as well J_1IGRXREF tables.

Also use the user exit  J_1I7_MIGO_SAVE and discuss with abaper whether you can update the part1 after material document saving.

0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Here i just want to know what would be my logic for this requirement from functional point of view? How to link between various table and field?

Regards

PR

0 Kudos

First you need to read the required movement types from MSEG and pass it to MKPF to read posting date and then update J1I5. Seat with abaper first and decide how to proceed further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scheduling and  running background job for J1I5 is not recommended as it will post all the available entries. Sometimes, for excisable materials,some of transactions are non excisable which appear in J1I5 but we dont want to post them. If you schedule a Job, it will post all entries available in J1i5 for your selection and you will end up in cleaning these entries.

0 Kudos

Dear Nilesh,

I am not worried about my incoming material, which we know that will update automatically.

Here my concern is those material which stocks are available in RG23part I register, that material will get update automatically when 261 Mov type happens.

My logic should be like this.

When i am confirming Production order that time 261 Mov will get trigeer. So that time system will check those material number and its total quantity in RG part I register. If system find the stock in that register then with the help of IIM indicator it will update automatically in Good issue field in RG Part I register.

For this which table and fileld i will use. If i use J_PartI table then how system will sum up the total stock for particular material

Regards

PR

0 Kudos

It is recommended that you run J1I5 manually to avoid any kind of inconsistancies during J_1IPART1 table updations.

Is system updating the Part1 table with IIM classification automatically when 261 happens in your case? If yes then what is your concern here?

0 Kudos

No, currently its not updating automatically in J_1IPART1 table. I have to run J1I5 with IIM classification. But requirement is we have to update automatically in J_partI table, no manuall entry should be done through J1I5

Regard

PR

0 Kudos

If your client insists for the Automation then do create a custom program and pick the 261 material documents from mseg and update J1I5.

You can even schedule the job in background daily or weekly basis. Have discussed this with your abaper and get it done as you required.

Please note that in this way System updates the each 261 material docuement in J_1IPART1 table provided J1ID is maintained irrespective of the case whether material is cenvatable and non cenvatable.

0 Kudos

Please note that in this way System updates the each 261 material docuement in J_1IPART1 table provided J1ID is maintained irrespective of the case whether material is cenvatable and non cenvatable

Dear Ashok,

As per your above comment, here can i put one logic that once system will find 261 Material document, then it will check those material in RG23 PARTI register, if that material is receipt and update in partI register then system will upade automatically in issue field in RG23 Part1 register.

I think by using this logic we can avoid the confusion between cenvatable and non cenvatable.

Regards

PR

0 Kudos

If you are not bothered about the quantities in Part1 register then you may proceed with the validation.