cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending idocs from SAP ECC to Data Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem when I send IDOCs to DS in a batch job.

I generate the idoc file in sap (t-code WE63) and I have fill the field Idoc file into the idcoc box in data services. Well, when I execute I receive this error:

17044 16168 R3C-054010 8/1/2013 10:07:55 AM Processing the IDoc from the file <D:/DS_FILES/XML IDOCS/WBBDLD02.txt> failed because Data Services no longer supports its

17044 16168 R3C-054010 8/1/2013 10:07:55 AM format. Regenerate the IDoc file in SAP and replace the file.

I dont really know what is my mistake.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member186160
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am facing the same error.

can anyone please suggest if they were able to resolve this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also on the same boat.  I received an IDOC ORDERS05 from my functional team and need to generate XML file as target.  I mean IDOC will be my source and XML should be my target.  I have to develop a batch job in BODS to extract the data.

I am happy to discuss with anyone here on this topic.  I can be reached at 001.661.317.7770, located in Irvine, California.

Lets put hands together to nail it down.

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any update or any work around for Receiving IDCO from ECC to BODS, I am trying to work in both real time as well as batch method not succeeded, it would be a grate help if is some one provide some doc. or some inputs on this.

Mainly we want to load all the IDCOs generated in ECC system into an SQL table using BODS.

Thanks in Advance.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone help me with the solution on this.

Thank You,

Lidhish Napolean

former_member186160
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have a similar issue.

please post the solution if anyone has found the solution.

abhi2636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caton,

I think you have to take .xml file instead of .txt file. Try by providing an .xml file with the metadata that suits in the IDOC source as suggested by Michael Eaton.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Using WE60 Tcode I downloaded the xml file but still it thorws me same error - Regenerate idoc file in SAP.

I have reimported it but still getting the same error.

Regards,

Chetan

abhi2636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Could you please provide the screen shot of the error.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Please find the below screenshot.

Regards,

Chetan

ahalya_inturi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Please refer the below document which helps you to configure the IDOC as Message Source

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41191

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahalya.

Thanks for providing the link.

I have already referred this doc.

It has real time job and I am using batch job. Is there any link available for that?

h2a
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Chetan,

I am also trying the same scenario as part of DS 4.2 POC in my organization.

If you are able to figure out the setup which needs to be done on the SAP side and on DS side, then pls share .....

I am using Idoc source as File while adding it to the Data flow;

Also we have NOT configured the access server yet, so is it mandatory if i am using batch Job ?

Thanks in anticipation,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I suspect that the IDoc you're sending does not match the metadata in Data Services.  Try re-importing the IDoc in the ECC datastore (and adjusting any dataflows to match it).

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Can you elaborate how you created the iDoc file to use it in BODS?

Regards,

Chetan

ahalya_inturi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Following is the required configuration on BODS side , If you are using batch job ...Sending IDOC from BODS to SAP...

Step 1 : Create SAP data store by providing required SAP Application Server Information & credentials

Step 2 : Right click on IDOCs and select “Import By Name…”

Provide Type and Name as shown above and click on “Import” to import IDOC in datastore

Step 3: To create the input XML structure with the correct datatypes quickly drop the IDOC as message source onto the data flow.

Step 4 : go into this object, open it and do right click the schema, There, you can ask the Designer to generate the entire structure as XML schema, thus you get all columns, schemas including the datatypes

Save this .xsd schema in directory

Step 5 : To create XML file source,  Go to File Formats tab in BODS,  right click on XML schema , say "NEW" , provide the format name , file name and Root element name

Note : For File name you should choose XSD schema where you generated earlier using BODS . Also Please Don not forget to choose root element name

Step 6 : Build a Batch Job with a DataFlow inside… by taking the XML File as Source

Step 7 : Double click on source XML File Source configure it as shown below, provide your input  .xml file name here

Hope now it is clear in creating XML file source...

Regards

Ahalya Gopinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahalya,

I want to use iDoc as source file not target or message type.

Regards,

Chetan

former_member315492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i know, IDOC are used to sending data from DS to Target(ECC).

While sending data to ECC, We need to configure fields segment wise.

Regards

Narasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data Services can send data to ECC via IDoc, but also recieve data from ECC via IDoc.

I suggest you refer to the SAP Supplement before posting mis-leading statements on this topic.