Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOS Attachment List - Change not supported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm having a bit of an issue in allowing users to change the details of a document once it has been added to the Attachment List via 'Store Business Document'.

I've found numerous solutions online regarding problems with user authorization - however I feel my problem may differ slightly.

After attempting to change a highlighted PDF document that I have attached, the following message is displayed:

The function Change is not supported for document <External PDF Documents>

Is this something to do with the actual document type?

It seems like it should be a simple fix, but I've since been unable to find any information on the matter of documents not being supported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

franciosi_nicola
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

same problem here :-(...did you find a solution ? 🙂

Regards,

Nicola

3 REPLIES 3

franciosi_nicola
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

same problem here :-(...did you find a solution ? 🙂

Regards,

Nicola

0 Kudos

Hi,

for me you can't modify a doc, you have to delete it and recreate it

GOS & Content server is only push & delete

if you want to modify a document, manage version, you must used DMS, and DMS didn't modify documents, it create several version of this document

regards

Fred

0 Kudos

Nicola,

Apologies for the late reply, but I did eventually find a solution!

SAP notes 1451769 and 1560955 provided me with the info I needed to allow for these changes to be made.

Rather awkwardly, both notes had already been implemented as standard, and so it all came down to the simple matter of ticking the 'Save File Attributes' checkbox in t-code OAG1.

Hope this helps,

Sam