Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link between Total weight and Reason for rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing some weird scenario:

VA01 Created order, Total weight shows Zero.

VA02: changed "Reason for rejection" to "Production approved", Total weight shows as 400.

I found that whenever, I am updating "Reason for rejection" to any other status apart from "Production approved", Total weight comes to Zero.

Unable to understand link between Total weight and Reason for rejection.

Pls help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe Krishna was actually correct, except it could've been some other user exit. To my knowledge, there is no different standard process based on the rejection reasons, it has to be programmed somewhere. There is a difference in how a rejected and non-rejected item behave, but in "pure standard" there should be no difference between two rejected items, which was the original question.

I'd suggest to check with local ABAP team, they should know.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I believe Krishna was actually correct, except it could've been some other user exit. To my knowledge, there is no different standard process based on the rejection reasons,

I am asking you ,please test ( If any query is possible by you in SAP for testing purpose ) before commented on any query because of I have faced this problem in my experience and also one more I did test in my IDES and after only I commented on this ( maximum I try to do this way ) .

When you update Reason for rejection then we dont get Weight and Volume in Sales Order means this problem is coming by reason for rejection then obviously that transaction program ( SAPL080I ) can have that kind of code in it by standard SAP way .  Why I am saying it is Standard SAP  ,that I have tested this in my IDES only .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

Just wanted to confirm, if I make any changes in standard, hope it will not affect anything else in the background.

Thanks

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

My suggestion is " Dont change in Standard Program level " .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I have suggested them the same.

Thanks Naren, you were very helpful.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra, I did not disagree with what you were saying, it's just the original post stated that behavior was different depending on the particular rejection reason code. Your post did not mention that there could be different behavior for different reason codes. In my experience too all the rejection codes should have the same effect, so to achieve different behavior for different reason codes, one would have to develop a user exit.

But, since this thread has already been marked as answered, I'm guessing either I must have misunderstood the question or it was misstated by the OP.

Thank you.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vandana,

In addition to what members have posted, you might want to ask the business in what scenarios do they give "Production approved" as a reason for rejection.

This explanation might help in understanding why Total weight, Net weight etc. are populating at the header level of the sales order, if when there is this reason for rejection.

As members have suggested, Total weight shall become zero, when Reason for rejection (VBAP-ABGRU) is applied.

This might be an enhancement.

Also, what is the "name" (e.g. 00 etc.) of this Reason for rejection? Is it Z*?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Reason for rejection is Z and as per business process, 1 user will create the sales order and higher user will update the sales order with production approved and further process. But 1st user can see '0' as total weight and higher user's after updating to "production approved" are able to view '400' kg as total weight.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This is Standard SAP Process .If you apply any reason for rejection then we dont get Total Weight and Volume in VA01 or VA02 level .I think ,this is already developed coded in that transaction Program Level SAPL080I .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

@ Krishna: will check the userexit

@ Narendra: It must be standard, but what is the logic behind this behaviour cuz business people want to see the Total weight but only after they change the Reason for Rejection to Production approved, they are able to view.

Thanks

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

When you made it ( line Item ) with Reason for rejection then this stock will not goes to Delivery level means at Sales Order level you are totally rejecting stopping that goods and this stock doesnt effect on our Inventory stock .So,If there is no effect on inventory then what is the purpose to see these weights .If you want to see the remove the reason for rejection and see .This is only we had on this .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you for making me understand the logic. That makes sense. Will explain the same to business or else will follow the steps mentioned above.

Thanks again.

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with your ABAPER is there any user exit  applied( in VA02) while saving the sales order.

USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in program MV45AFZZ

Regards.

Krishna.